cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

My daughter just called me asking if the Bones episode on Global at 9:00 was a new one.  I have it set to record all first run episodes and it wasn't recording because the Rogers Guide does not say "New". Turns out it IS a new episode, the season 11 premier. it says so on Zap2it and Epguides. Fortunately, I can record it in HD on Global Vancouver at midnight.

Wake up Rogers! Maybe it's time you switched to a more reliable TV listings provider, and while you're at it, get one that provided season and episode numbers.

***Edited Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
54 REPLIES 54

Re: ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @OLDYELLR,

I'll investigate this with our second level support to see if this a known issue. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you. I'm sure it's not the first time a new episode has not been flagged as "new", but it defeats scheduling first run shows. In fact, it used to be so common in past years that I would schedule shows only by day, channel and time slot, but then some networks began randomly changing the start times by one minute, so they wouldn't record. Scheduling "first run" got around that, but only if the shows were flagged as new.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

roxandtreez
I'm a Senior Contributor

@OLDYELLR, @RogersHassam

There are so many problems with the guide, you couldn't keep up with them.  Here are a three examples:

Saturday October 3 at 11:29 - Saturday Night Live - Channel 17 does not show it as new, channel 3 shows it as new.

Tues October 6 at 8:00 PM - Best time ever with Neil Patrick Harris:  channel 17 does not show it as new, channel 20 shows it as new.

Friday October 2 at 8:00 PM - Last Man Standing -channel 18 has the description "Mike wants Boyd to walk home from school ..."  Channel 11 has the description "A freestyle-motocross competition".

I did notice that you (RogersHassam) were able to get the schedule overlap fro Breakfast Television and Cityline corrected, so Kudos to you!

I was consdering setting up a new thread just to report guide errors, but I don't know if you have the resources to do anything about it.  However, maybe getting all the errors reported would show some patterns.  For example, maybe channel 17 is not reporting the information correctly to the guide provider.  What do you think?

Hello @roxandtreez,

Thanks for sharing and your idea about creating a thread to report guide problems sounds really good. We have the same access as technical support and customer service here in @CommunityHelps. We monitor the posts and check our tech alerts board to see if what is being discussed on the forums is a known reported issue (Multiple users are reporting the same problem). Usually the norm is if we don't see the issue on the tech alerts board or receive communication that an issue is being reported by multiple users, we treat it as a single fault issue and troubleshoot accordingly. Do share the issues here and we will do our best to pass the information to the appropriate teams and provide assistance wherever needed :). 

RogersHassam