cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS APN

buzzmobile_us
I've Been Around

Here are the Rogers APN settings which might be useful for other users who are having trouble with the data or internet connection in their unlocked phones. Use this apn settings and try.

Internet APN Settings

APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap

Rogers MMS(Picture Messages) Settings

APN: media.com
Username: media
Password: mda01
IP Address: 172.025.000.107
Message Server: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com

If you are using a Smartphone and the above apn does not work.
Try the one below.

Name: Rogers MMS

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

MMSC: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 720

APN Type: mms

If you are looking for the LTE Rogers APN settings then here is it:
Rogers LTE APN Settings

APN: ltemobile.apn

(No need for a username and password)

Internet APN Settings

APN: internet.com

Rogers MMS(Picture Messages) Settings

APN: media.com

Username: media

Password: mda01

IP Address: 172.025.000.107

Message Server: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com

If you are using a Smartphone and the above apn does not work.
Try the one below.

Name: Rogers MMS

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

MMSC: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Port: 80 MCC: 302

MNC: 720

APNType: mms

If you are looking for the LTE Rogers APN settings then here is it:
Rogers LTE APN Settings

(No need for a username and password)

GoRogers APN Settings

APN: goam.com

URL: http ://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com

Port1: 80

Port2: 9203

Port3: 9201

IP1: 172.025.000.107

IP2: 208.200.067.150

IP3: 208.200.067.151

DNS1: 207.181.101.4

DNS2: 207.181.101.5

Credits: rogers apn

***edited labels***

166 REPLIES 166

Re: ROGERS APN

When the call drops are you moving around, or are you at home in one spot? I ask because I wonder if this is a handoff issue between cell phone towers. As a test can you set the dialer and phone settings both to GSM only and try again. 

I'm not moving, I'm sitting in the same spot and my signal strength is -66 dBm.

I set it to GSM only and the call would still drop, however instead of my phone saying "No mobile network available", it would just say "Call Disconnected". However while in a call, the Voice network Type is GSM, while the Data is disconnected and network type says Unknown, when not in a call the data Network Type is Edge.

One last thing to add is that I tried setting the phone to LTE only, and in available networks I cannot connect to Rogers LTE, it fails, however I can connect to Rogers-EXT LTE network.

edit: tried a couple of times and then it was able to connect to Rogers LTE. However I cannot call out, even if I try to turn VoLTE on, the slider just moves back to off after the screen refreshes.

@carter33 wrote:

I'm not moving, I'm sitting in the same spot and my signal strength is -66 dBm.

I set it to GSM only and the call would still drop, however instead of my phone saying "No mobile network available", it would just say "Call Disconnected". However while in a call, the Voice network Type is GSM, while the Data is disconnected and network type says Unknown, when not in a call the data Network Type is Edge.

One last thing to add is that I tried setting the phone to LTE only, and in available networks I cannot connect to Rogers LTE, it fails, however I can connect to Rogers-EXT LTE network.

edit: tried a couple of times and then it was able to connect to Rogers LTE. However I cannot call out, even if I try to turn VoLTE on, the slider just moves back to off after the screen refreshes.

@carter33

you can't use VoLTE because Rogers doesn't support that phone, even though the phone supports VoLTE. Rogers only enables it on a few models of phones. However this issue seems weird, have you tried your sim card in another phone, or try a different carrier sim on your Sony. This way we can rule out the phone, or the network/account.

Yes, I already tried getting a new SIM card and it still had the problem, I tried my sim card in an iPhone I use at work and could not reproduce the issue. The sim also worked in my old phone before I got this one.

So I'm thinking it's a hardware problem with the phone. I've already got the ball rolling on an RMA, but since it's not a carrier phone, I'll have to send it to Sony and be without a phone for 10-15 business days.

Asdai5839
I've Been Here Awhile

My phone is a Samsung s7e from Verizon (SM-G935V)

The LTE setting (LTE setting and Core setting) doesn't work properly on this phone.

I first tried the LTE setting and I can browse websites but some app connection has problems (e.g. I cannot send pics in Wechat, an instant messaging app, but I can send out messages in the same app).

Then I tried to use the Core setting, which gives me H+ only. It worked well but it starts not working anymore after I upgrade my phone to Nougat.

Any suggestions what I should do?

Thank you.

Hey @Asdai5839,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!

I can certainly understand the importance of getting full functionality of our your device. Aside from WeChat, are you experiencing any issues with other programs or applications? 

In conjunction with the Rogers LTE APN setting

Settings

Details

APN

ltemobile.apn

Username

Not required

Password

Not required

Can you also use input:

Server: 172.25.0.107
MMSC :http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, its already filled in, leave it at what it is)
APN Type: Internet + MMS

Keep the Community updated on the results.

RogersRoland

Asdai5839
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks For your reply @RogersRoland,

I tried your suggested modification in my APN setting and now I am able to send out pics in WeChat.

But a strange thing is that I can only get H+ at home now, while my wife's iPhone 6s Plus can receive a LTE correctly.

It is not a big issue but I would appreciate if it could be fixed somehow.

thizelle
I've Been Here Awhile

I have an unlocked Galaxy S7 that I initially used with Telus. The phone worked fine except for MMS which only worked if I toggled off wifi. Then I switched to Rogers and MMS has never worked. No combination of APN settings seems to let me have both MMS and LTE. If I put the LTE settings in, I can't use MMS. If I get MMS, then I lose access to data. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have ideas? 

Good morning @thizelle!

Don't worry, you've come to the right place. I've troubleshooted a ton of APN related issues to much success. 

If you wouldn't mind posting a picture of your current APN settings here, we'll review them for you and ensure everything is proper. If you have all the right settings in place, we'll have to get you to PM us @CommunityHelps so we can take a look at your account.

But for now, let's start with those screenshots. Thanks!

Regards,

RogersCorey

thizelle
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi here are the screenshots. Just having "ltemobile.apn" works for data, but if I want MMS I need to add all the other fields. With the settings entered as they are now, LTE is working but not MMS. Screenshot_20170410-132535.png 

Screenshot_20170410-132617.png

Screenshot_20170410-132629 (1).png

I would also suggest changing your CSC Code to Rogers. Google "Samsung CSC Dialer Code" 

thizelle
I've Been Here Awhile
Screen shots are below. Update, now I can receive MMS but cannot send. Any ideas? This is so strange.

Hey @thizelle,

At this point, we may need to take a look at your account as @RogersCorey mentioned.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online. Our private messaging system is explained here.

Have a good weekend!

RogersCilio

sharpel531w
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently purchased an Unlocked s7 edge and trying to get the APN settings to work. Currently with these settings below, I cannot get LTE to work. Do I need multiple APNs on the list? Which do I activate? Thanks!

LINK

sharpel531w
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for linking me this, however I still cannot get LTE working. With the linked settings I get 3G, MMS, and internet, but not LTE.Screenshot_20170515-163321.jpg

Hello @sharpel531w,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We definitely want to make sure you’re able to get the full functionality of your S7 Edge with both LTE and MMS services working properly while connected to the Rogers Network.

As indicated in post 132 of 141 of this thread, here are the correct APN settings you will have to enter in order to be able to connect to the LTE network and to send picture and video messages:

Username: Not required

Password: Not required

Please use input:

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, its already filled in, leave it at what it is)

Don’t hesitate to let us know if this resolved your issue, or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

RogersTony

I need to understand APNs a little better. Just bought an unlocked BLU R1 HD LTE;  using ltemobile.apn at the moment and can make calls and SMS texts.  Do I need any other APNs besides this one? Where does rogers-core-appl1.apn fit in the picture?  Also, i do not have a data plan yet.  When i do, will ltemobile.apn work for it as well?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@RTiman wrote:

I need to understand APNs a little better. Just bought an unlocked BLU R1 HD LTE;  using ltemobile.apn at the moment and can make calls and SMS texts.  Do I need any other APNs besides this one? Where does rogers-core-appl1.apn fit in the picture?  Also, i do not have a data plan yet.  When i do, will ltemobile.apn work for it as well?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

@RTiman

if everything is working I would leave it alone, when you add data if it doesn't work then use ltemobile.apn 

CJCastres
I've Been Around

Problem with an unlocked Galaxy S6 Sprint phone

Hi there,

I recently bought a Galaxy S6 unlocked on amazon and it's a sprint phone. I've managed to get LTE/texting on it, but when I try making calls, it says 'NO SIM or SIM ERROR'. But texting people seems to be fine.

The current network modes are:
CDMA,
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS

Automatic

I tried using the other network modes, and initially, being on GSM/UMTS gave me 3G and the ability to make calls and texts, and now it doesn't. On CDMA nothing works. The automatic setting doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure what to do from here.

Model: SM-G920P

Android Version: 7.0

***EDITED LABELS***

Hello @CJCastres,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Having a phone that doesn’t make calls is really not very useful at all! Let’s look into this further to ensure we get this working properly. You most likely just need to update the "Access Point Name (APN)" settings on your device.

Depending on your OS you should find the Settings in “Settings” – “Connections” – “Mobile Networks” – “Access Point Names” Select Add and ensure the settings reflect what is listed below. It may also be helpful to send us a screenshot once you have completed this so the experts in the forum can review it.

Here are the correct APN settings for the Rogers Network.

Username: Not required

Password: Not required

Please use input:

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, it's already filled in, leave it at what it is)

Don’t hesitate to let us know if this resolved your issue, or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

RogersTony

gerardb2017
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello there,

i need help with Rogers Canada APN settings for an android phone.

Cell: XGODY

Model: D11

Thank you

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?