cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS APN

buzzmobile_us
I've Been Around

Here are the Rogers APN settings which might be useful for other users who are having trouble with the data or internet connection in their unlocked phones. Use this apn settings and try.

Internet APN Settings

APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap

Rogers MMS(Picture Messages) Settings

APN: media.com
Username: media
Password: mda01
IP Address: 172.025.000.107
Message Server: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com

If you are using a Smartphone and the above apn does not work.
Try the one below.

Name: Rogers MMS

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

MMSC: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 720

APN Type: mms

If you are looking for the LTE Rogers APN settings then here is it:
Rogers LTE APN Settings

APN: ltemobile.apn

(No need for a username and password)

Internet APN Settings

APN: internet.com

Rogers MMS(Picture Messages) Settings

APN: media.com

Username: media

Password: mda01

IP Address: 172.025.000.107

Message Server: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com

If you are using a Smartphone and the above apn does not work.
Try the one below.

Name: Rogers MMS

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

MMSC: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80 MCC: 302

MNC: 720

APNType: mms

If you are looking for the LTE Rogers APN settings then here is it:
Rogers LTE APN Settings

APN: ltemobile.apn
(No need for a username and password)

GoRogers APN Settings

APN: goam.com

URL: http ://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com

Port1: 80

Port2: 9203

Port3: 9201

IP1: 172.025.000.107

IP2: 208.200.067.150

IP3: 208.200.067.151

DNS1: 207.181.101.4

DNS2: 207.181.101.5

Credits: rogers apn

***edited labels***

166 REPLIES 166

Re: ROGERS APN

Hello, @b-ry

Thank you for the update and I'm glad that you were able to make the MMS work on your phone. I appreciate if you could share the configuration with the Community as it may be very helpful for other W10 phone users. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

mms settings (apn) for motorola xt300 spice

I have tried the media.com apn info that I have found right here on the Rogers website but it does not work for some reason.

Here are the fields available for me to input some information in:

Name

APN

Proxy

Port

Username

Password

Server

MMSC

MMS Proxy

MMS port

MCC

MNC 

Authentication type (droplist with none-pap-chap-papr or chap)

APN Type 

Thanks in advance to anyone who bight be able to help me out 🙂

Hello, @saucisse

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I suggest trying the settings posted in the Message 37 of the "Rogers Frequencies" thread. 

All the best!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

hello and thanks for the answer !!!

that did work, but I never pick up 3g and I always am stuck on 2g (edge) and sometimes even get G ... I know my phone is 3g capable, and it's not a coverage issue. What else could it be?

Many thanks 🙂

Do you have the newest/latest sim card from Rogers? Make sure the phone is compatible with the frequencies Rogers uses, I saw you have a Motorola xt300, but remove the battery and check the actual model number to see if it's compatible.

Hi there,

the sim card is brand new from last week  so that is not the problem right ? as  for the phone model  it's  93312xubsa but i wouldn't know what to do with that information ...

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on Roges Network

Hello 

I am looking to purchase the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.  Just wondering if it will work on the Rogers Network.  Below are the network specs

Technology:GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
2G bands:GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 — SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 / 1900
3G bands:HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA
4G bands:LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Speed:HSPA, LTE
GPRS:Yes
EDGE:Yes

Will 4G/LTE be supported or just 3G?

Thank-you

4G/LTE on band 7 only, and I'm not sure if Rogers used band 7 everywhere.

OK.  Is there a way to find out where band 7 is available.  The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will be primarily used in the GTA and Alberta(Edmonton and Jasper)

Thanks

bidonline
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes band 7 is available.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Dual SIM TD-LTE 64GB is compatible with 4 out of 7 bands on Rogers and please refer to here for details.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/A4ZdHg/xiaomi-hongmi-note-4-redmi-note-4-dual-s...

Hope it helps...

Hi @saucisse

Can you double check the network frequencies?

Here's a How To on APN Settings to assist.

RogersPrasana

jimmy_gio
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all,

I've gone through two dozen threads on APN/MMS settings - none seem to fix my issue.

I am trying to help out my mom with her phone.

She has an unlimited MMS plan, but no data plan. She is using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.

I had entered settings and she was able to receive/send MMS without any data charges. 

The software reset and I am unable to retrieve the settings. Can anyone help out with detailed instructions?

Thank you!

@jimmy_gio wrote:

Hi all,

I've gone through two dozen threads on APN/MMS settings - none seem to fix my issue.

I am trying to help out my mom with her phone.

She has an unlimited MMS plan, but no data plan. She is using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.

I had entered settings and she was able to receive/send MMS without any data charges. 

The software reset and I am unable to retrieve the settings. Can anyone help out with detailed instructions?

Thank you!

Did you try using these settings:

Settings

Details

APN

rogers-core-appl1.apn

Username

n/a

Password

n/a

Note: For Android smartphones, input the following MMS settings to ensure MMS functionality.

MMSC

http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy

MMS Port

If you are still being charged data rates for sending MMS, I would call Rogers and ask if they can block data on the phone, but keep unlimited MMS. 

Xperia Z5 (Compact) network and APN settings - Mobile Network Available error

Hello, I purchased an unlocked Z5 Compact and have had a persistent issue where during a call, it will drop and show a "Mobile Network Not Available" error, then 5 seconds later it will reconnect and I can call back. It does this even when I'm at full signal strength and whether I'm on LTE or HSPA or Rogers EXT networks

For my APN I have entered: ltemobile.apn and nothing else.

If I go into Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network type, it is set to

• WCDMA Only
  • GSM only
  • WCDMA (Preferred)/GSM
  • LTE (Preferres)/WCDMA/GSM (I have also tried this option, but the issue persists)

If I enter *#*#4636#*#* on the keypad, Set preferred network type is set to

• WCDMA preferred
  • GSM only
  • WCDMA only
  • GSM auo (PRL)
  • CDMA auto (PRL)
  • CDMA only
  • EvDo only
  • GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)
  • LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)
  • LTE/GSM auto (PRL)
  • LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)
  • LTE only
  • Unknown

I have tried many of those, including unknown, but the problem persisted.

Also if I attempt a Ping test from this screen, it always shows:

Ping IpAddr: Fail: IP addr not reachable

Ping Hostname: Pass

HTTP Client test: Pass

@carter33

For testing set Network Type to: GSM Only, but it should normally be set to: LTE (Preferres)/WCDMA/GSM

in the dialer code *#*#4636#*#* try setting it to GSM only for testing.

I'm unsure what that dialer code area does however, but looking at the options you posted it seems like how the phone connects during a phone call. If that is the case it should be set to WCDMA Preferred, that way it will use HSPA during a phone call, and fallback to GSM if HSPA isn't avaliable.

lastly for testing have you tried using the APN settings I posted in the post before yours? using CORE network APN settings and the MMS settings I posted.

I tried changing my apn to that above. In the caller screen it appears to be for data and calling, it's a little confusing.

One thing I noticed is if I switch back and forth from "GSM Only" to "WCDMA Only", I will periodically get the no mobile network error, and then 5 seconds later it will reconnect. So it seems like the issue is when it's switching between networks.

Does the phone use/show LTE for Data? Also when on a phone call is it HSPA or GSM?

I usually disable LTE since the signal is so poor in my area it constantly drains battery. It looks like the Voice network is staying in UMTS, and the Data Network stays in UMTS as well until I attempt to use Data, then it will switch to HSPA while Data is being transferred, and back to UMTS (3G in the notification bar) one it stops again.

@carter33 okay since you don't use LTE then on the phone dialer try setting it to WCDMA ONLY, and in the phone settings set it to WCDMA ONLY. 

When I changed the phone setting, the dialer one also changed.

It's basically functioning the same way, both voice and data networks say UMTS until the phone uses data, then the Data network switches to HSPA.

One other note, DNS check was set to disabled, I changed it to 0.0.0.0 allowed.

SMSC was also blank so I tapped the update button.

I've been on a test call for 5 mins now and so far it hasn't dropped, I'll continue to update here.

No dice, after 10 min the Mobile Network not Available error popped up and the call dropped, instantly went back to full signal strength.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!