ROAM like home now in EUROPE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

ROAM like home now in EUROPE

This is great news for all those people traveling to Eurpoe.. Or students heading off for a back packing adventure! 

Now ROAM like home (on elg share plans) includes MOST of EUROPE.  For 10.00$ a day (to a max of 10 days on a 30day billing cyc)  US roam like home stil 5.00$ 

Rogers is on the right track making traveling with are devices less worry some.... 

This doesn't need an activation if  you have already enrolled in the US roam like home.. 

Happy travels ! 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ROAM like home now in EUROPE

Good day @Jec,

Thank you for your post! Smiley Happy

There would be a charge on each line for the ROAM LIKE HOME service. Therefore, you would not be charged $10 per day for the account but $10 per line, per day you chose to use the service.

Once you enroll in ROAM LIKE HOME, you're all set for future trips to all eligible countries.

Just turn on data roaming and you're good to go! 

Don't forget! You need to enroll each device included in your plan for everyone to be able to enjoy ROAM LIKE HOME.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your trip and have a safe flight!Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@jkroesen , Great post!

I would have to agree with you. The addition of 35 countries in Europe makes things much more exciting as far as travel and usage goes. Smiley Happy

For those in the community not fully aware of this more information on ROAM LIKE HOME can be found Here .

Cheers!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@jkroesen wrote:

Now ROAM like home (on elg share plans) includes MOST of EUROPE.  For 10.00$ a day (to a max of 10 days on a 30day billing cyc)  US roam like home stil 5.00$ 

There are two issues here. The first is that customers should be aware that the $10.00 per day charge to a max of 10 days is per billing cycle and not per 30 days out of the country. So if you take a trip to Europe and your trip crosses over two billing cycles the maximum charged could be $200 and not $100 as many seem to believe. It does seem to me that Rogers should be seting a $100 maximum for any 30-day period out of the country.

Secondly, Roam Like Home is only offered to customers on a Share Everything plan. Many of us do not need an $80 per month plan (or more). With another provider, I am saving $55 per month over what I would pay with Rogers on a Share Everything plan. The savings there would more than cover the cost of any roaming I would do in Europe. With the amount of wifi available, I am much further ahead with another provider than with Rogers!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We have 2 iphones and 1 ipad on the Share Everything Plan. Does that mean we pay $10. extra for using all 3 devices, or $10. x 3. on the Roam like Home European plan? Thankyou

Highlighted

Good day @Jec,

Thank you for your post! Smiley Happy

There would be a charge on each line for the ROAM LIKE HOME service. Therefore, you would not be charged $10 per day for the account but $10 per line, per day you chose to use the service.

Once you enroll in ROAM LIKE HOME, you're all set for future trips to all eligible countries.

Just turn on data roaming and you're good to go! 

Don't forget! You need to enroll each device included in your plan for everyone to be able to enjoy ROAM LIKE HOME.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your trip and have a safe flight!Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

View solution in original post