RHS Usage has exceeded

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StanNewmarket
I Plan to Stick Around

RHS Usage has exceeded

I have received two emails from Rogers <additionalusage@rogers.com> titled: "RHS Usage has exceeded"

IP of sender: 142.146.31.23

Both messages only say:

"This communication is confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at www.rogers.com/web/content/emailnotice."

What is RHS Usage, and what is this all about??

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: RHS Usage has exceeded

If either of you used a link that was in the message to check on your actual usage, you should probably change your Rogers password and run a sweep for malware.  If this is a phishing email, you may have been subject to a man-in-the-middle type of attack to grab your password, or ended up with malware loaded on your computer.  If you hover your mouse over the link you should see the actual address and be able to tell if the address is correct, or if it leads off to somewhere else. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
jimboden
I'm an Advisor

StanNewmarket:

Not sure, but I'm guessing it could mean Rogers High Speed Internet? It could mean you have exceeded the usage allowed by your plan. Have you checked your usage on your My Rogers account?

StanNewmarket
I Plan to Stick Around

Every thing is normal there. I still have 10 GB left for the month.

I also did a search on the Rogers Support, and no RHS other than my posting here.  

StanNewmarket
I Plan to Stick Around

I contacted Rogers Support. They speculate that RHS stands for Rogers High Speed.

And although I still have 10GB left for the month, I did not get the usual notice that I had exceed 75% of the monthly limit, so I presume the message was a munged attempt to notify me of the 75%.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

StanNewmarket:

I've only reached 75% on my plan once and it showed up in my browser when I signed into My Rogers. Maybe they've changed how the warning works.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Might just be a phishing attempt.

hofo_mofo
I've Been Around

Just got the same message this morning.

Just like the OP, I never received the notification/warning in my browser and e-mail.

When I checked my usage, again like the OP, I still had ample space left in my quota.

Ernie put it best from Sesame Street, "Here fishy, fishy, fishy".
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If either of you used a link that was in the message to check on your actual usage, you should probably change your Rogers password and run a sweep for malware.  If this is a phishing email, you may have been subject to a man-in-the-middle type of attack to grab your password, or ended up with malware loaded on your computer.  If you hover your mouse over the link you should see the actual address and be able to tell if the address is correct, or if it leads off to somewhere else. 

View solution in original post

StanNewmarket
I Plan to Stick Around

If this is a phishing email, you may have been subject to a man-in-the-middle type of attack to grab your password, or ended up with malware loaded on your computer.  If you hover your mouse over the link you should see the actual address and be able to tell if the address is correct, or if it leads off to somewhere else. 

The email header showed IP of sender: 142.146.31.23; which is a legitimate Rogers address. The mouse-over was okay as well.