REMOVING VOICE TO TEXT MESSAGE OPTION

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

REMOVING VOICE TO TEXT MESSAGE OPTION

Hello,

I have talked with Rogers a couple times about removing this function just in passing when they have phoned to try and sell me more services, they simply tell me it's in the "my account app"......but I don't seem to find it.  Figures I would give this forum a try before I try calling for step by step type instructions or just where to find it.  Tried on the Rogers my account thing from my PC too.....can get into the services I have which is a value pack, but doesn't seem to be any customizing points.  Thanks

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: REMOVING VOICE TO TEXT MESSAGE OPTION

On my monthly service plan, that feature is included with others for which I pay $12 per month.  Because it's bundled with other features, Rogers might be unable/unwilling to remove it.  You'd have to call them to see if that's the case.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Around

You need to ether change the value pack to one that doesn't contain voice 2 txt. Tech support can turn it off but then you will not get voicemail waiting symbol because with vm2sms the notification is the sms. Change your vm option.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

exactly, if its a feature thats INCLUDED in your value pack, why not just pick a different value pack that does not contain this unwanted feature? lots of people seem to forget they have this option, i would recommend to switch to a value pack with out this feature

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unfotuntaly there are only a few value packs that don't incude this feature.  Any Value pack that is Iphone related does not inc this feature due to the visual voicemail options. this info can be found, Rogers.com>wireless>add-on & app> value packs. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi, I realize post is a couple months old & the issue has most likely been dealt with, but I thought I'd add my experience with the same problem. So I had checked online & through the phone for a way to remove this feature. Then I searched the issue online, leading me here. Then I call tech dept. at Rogers, very nice people, except they could not remove the voice mail to text. It was suggested I switch to a similar plan that didn't include this feature. Ok, so we check that out, & THERE IS NO VALUE PACK for me THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THIS FEATURE. Oh. What they CAN do is charge me individually for the other features (idek how much THAT would cost, but more than my current value pack, I'm sure) thus omitting voice mail to text, which is annoying (& costly) at $0.15 a text (& extra annoying because I get a lot of text & makes it harder to find things). So either way, as my partner would say, that's how they getcha. (?) It would seem so.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers has always been able to go to the features list of a value pack soc code, and EXCLUDE the feature you do not want, ive done this in the past with who called feature or name display