cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REGARDING ROGERS PHONE IN LINE

Hayward
I Plan to Stick Around

When I call Rogers Phone line help 1-888 764-3771 there are so many options.  It's hard to know which way to go. Like waiting at a traffic light with about 50 lights.   What I am trying to say here there are two many buttons to press.   So many new things just to try and call someone to ask a question..  I can remembef when someone actually answered the phone!   It seems to less and less about people and more and more about money!   We appreciate our Rogers services, and don't plan to shop for another company. 

Still using HiSpeed Express and want to continue doing so.  Not interested in the new fibre optic service.   So will we be able to stay with Hi Speed Express once our current package expires in the late fall.   We have 80gb and for our use it is enough, as do not want to spend money we can't afford.  Also our current modem works well, Hitron CGn2 I think it is called.  I think Rogers more and more seems to want people to use their website.  There are so many changes it is also hard to access information.   Sometimes it is good to just ask someone over the phone.  Like we are used to doing.   Thanks for your time and consideration.  It looks like Rogers is upgrading the website again, and it is hard to navigate the site.  Thanks again.Smiley Happy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: REGARDING ROGERS PHONE IN LINE

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I compltely understand you on your wanting to talk to more of a live person.  Our company here does it.. if someone doesnt call into one of the queues directly (usually  have their own direct phone number), all other calls are LIVE handled by the receptionist, then directed accordingly.

Due to rogers SIZE though.. thats not overly feasable.   The main reason there are so many options?  Not every person, can help with every issue.
TV tech support, cant help with internet tech support... and vice versa.... so making all the choices, helps narrow down you to the right person you do need to talk to.

As for your internet question... no, nothing will EXPIRE,. you can keep grandfathering your plan onwards.
The new service, is not fibre optic per say.  Your express is actually the EXACT same lines, feeds, etc as the new plans.. nothing different.. they are just new different speed tiers really.
Your CGN2 will work fine for what you are on.. no need to change it, for that level of ineternet (yes, if you wanted to change to a faster tier)

Overall, no there is no need for you to change to one of the new plans, at least at your level of internet.
(if you were say at the levels ABOVE with the old plans.. the extreme, extreme plus, ultimate, etc... the new equivelent plans are actually FASTER and for LESS money)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I compltely understand you on your wanting to talk to more of a live person.  Our company here does it.. if someone doesnt call into one of the queues directly (usually  have their own direct phone number), all other calls are LIVE handled by the receptionist, then directed accordingly.

Due to rogers SIZE though.. thats not overly feasable.   The main reason there are so many options?  Not every person, can help with every issue.
TV tech support, cant help with internet tech support... and vice versa.... so making all the choices, helps narrow down you to the right person you do need to talk to.

As for your internet question... no, nothing will EXPIRE,. you can keep grandfathering your plan onwards.
The new service, is not fibre optic per say.  Your express is actually the EXACT same lines, feeds, etc as the new plans.. nothing different.. they are just new different speed tiers really.
Your CGN2 will work fine for what you are on.. no need to change it, for that level of ineternet (yes, if you wanted to change to a faster tier)

Overall, no there is no need for you to change to one of the new plans, at least at your level of internet.
(if you were say at the levels ABOVE with the old plans.. the extreme, extreme plus, ultimate, etc... the new equivelent plans are actually FASTER and for LESS money)

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Apparently the system is currently overloaded by people trying to order new iPhones. Phoning the Rogers number is problematic at best because you don't know if you'll get a knowledgable rep when you finally get through, or even whether they'll be able to access your account right now. There is no longer any way for customers to contact Rogers by email. The only options are phone, live chat, Facebook or Twitter, but the last two would only be for general questions, not individual customer service.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Faceboot and twitter.. CAN do some account stuff..  not quite as much as via the phone, etc.  But they are able to do some 🙂

I have had them activate purchased digital boxes, etc for me... do some minor checks/changes on an addon, etc.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation