RAZR's OTA

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

RAZR's OTA

Verizon's OTA update, Will Rogers follow?

Software Update: DROID RAZR by Motorola - COMING SOON!

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: RAZR's OTA

I was wondering the same thing about this.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am eagerly waiting for update. had SIM card issues and the battery life is terrible!!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

This is the only thing that scared me about the RAZR vs. DROID RAZR thing. I love the phone but experience tells me Motorola and Rogers will treat the non-US version like an ugly stepson...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It's been known for months / years that Rogers & every other carrier in Canada takes its time to release a update for their phones ( iPhone's are excluded)

Carriers need to release the software with their own bloatware in which makes it more difficult to update seeing as they take their time because they want to fit everything perfectly & not have any issues.

I do not understand tho one thing. Like i said it in another post that how does every carrier let Apple release the updates straight to us without having the carrier put their own bloatware on it BUT they can not let us do the same with other type of phones we have. Yes i know we can root & such our phones but i rather get it straight from the Company not just root it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Taiwan's RAZR got updated ,this is not LTE version.

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=567&t=2536626

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes Taiwan releases the update but if you add that update on your phone it could have problems. The settings will be all different & also the language will not be English.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Directly from Motorola, we are apparently getting ICS in Canada sometime in Q2 2012 but most other regions got a 2.3.6 update which fixes the Gingerbread glitches we have on 2.3.5 but Motorola Canada is staying hush hush about it here.  We will be getting ICS before even the US Droid Razr does, so maybe they gave them 2.3.6 to keep them busy while we get ICS and they`ll just skip the 2.3.6 release here...I would kind of prefer 2.3.6 than even ICS right now will all the glitches our current version has but Q2 is close at least...I just hope it`s not like june 29th or something...