RAZR HD LTE Screen Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

RAZR HD LTE Screen Issues

Over the past two weeks now the RAZR HD LTE (2 months old) has developed screen issues where the screen starts to show faded colors (see URL link below). The only way to make the phone useable again is by restarting it.

A few others I know who have the same phone have experienced this exact issue. A call to Motorola Support suggested that I need to take this up with Rogers.

Kindly, advice what route I need to take to get a device which works and doesnt have these issues. Having signed-up to a 3 year contract with this phone, I dont want to be stuck with a defective device for 3 years.

The video below shows the issue, which others have claimed to have happen with the RAZR HD.

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGzvfptefYQ

URL: http://androidheadlines.com/2012/11/motorola-droid-razr-hd-screen-issues-reboot-for-fix.html

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: RAZR HD LTE Screen Issues

Hello puleen

Have you called Rogers tech support about this?

Call them & tell them your phone is defective. Ask them to send you out a replacement device( Same as yours). It will cost $35. This fee is for them to ship the phone to you & you sending yours back to them. This is a refurb model BUT its brand new.

You can also take the phone to any Rogers plus store & send it out for repair. You will be given a loner phone IF they have any in stock & you will need to put a $50 deposit on it.

Those are your ONLY 2 warranty steps you can take.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have not yet spoken to Rogers Support. However, I fail to understand why they would replace it with a refurbished device, when I purchased this device brand new?

I'll speak with Rogers Support and see what they suggest.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello puleen

You passed the 15 days already. When you first purchase a device, they give you 15 days to bring it back & get another brand new one if yours is defective. After the 15 days, they will replace it with a refurb model that Motorola will send them. This model will be tested & made sure it works with no issues from both Motorola & Rogers. This can not change at all.

The phone is basically brand new as we speak. New screen, New battery & new shell if needed.
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had my Razr HD for almost 2 months now and only experienced the funky green screen once.  Rebooted and everything was good again.  Haven't experienced any issues lately.  If this were to happen again, I would bring it to Rogers repair and have them try to fix the issue.  If they can't fix the issue, I  wouldn't want a refurb as it's not a new phone, period.  Why would you trade in a new phone for a refrib, I don't know.  Anyway, let us know if Rogers can fix this problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

i have that issue as well it only happens when its cold out, i just dont understand the cost associated with a hardware issue that is beyond my control

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gvintinner

If its still under warranty ( it should be ) take the phone back to Rogers & have them send it in for repair. You can always contact Rogers tech support & have them send you out a refurbished RAZR HD for the cost of $35. This cost be cover them sending the device to you & you sending yours back.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Since my update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2, the green screen issue hasn't occured once.  Seems to be fixed.