RAPTV Home Edition for pad crashes in iOS9

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: RAPTV Home Edition for pad crashes in iOS9

This is true but at this point we have gone from expecting a fix by the end of September to the end of November and still no fix.  It's now time for alternatives.

I Plan to Stick Around

I hate paying for something that doesn't work. I feel let down and maybe ripped off,,
I Plan to Stick Around

I think this is the funniest thing I have ever read! iOS 9 has been available to developers since June and now it is going to take another month to month and a half to get the app fixed?? What a joke!
I'm Here A Lot

I don't work for Rogers and have any affiliation with them, however, I have been wondering if this could be an iOS9 bug rather than a Rogers/contractor issue. iOS9.2 beta 4 was just released and it very well could be that Rogers have had to wait for Apple to get their act together. It puts them in a tough position in that they cannot bad mouth Apple for obvious reasons.

I don't develop apps for iOS, I am a web developer, so I was really surprised as to why it was taking so long. For the moderator to give a date range like he did makes me think it is more likely an iOS issue than a programming issue. Also, given that the iPhone version works and the iPad doesn't leads me to think it is iOS as well as the code base may be similar it is not the same. Having worked with an app developer on an iOS app, I remember him having to write specific code for each device to handle certain things.

I've Been Here Awhile

I also am having the same issue ever since I upgraded to the new IOS. Really makes me regret upgrading!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @RogersAsif for finally providing an update.  While I agree with some that the timeframe seems exceptionally long, it is nice to finally have some news.

@smithery that is a very intersting perspective, and I suppose we will never know what the issue really is, I just hope they can deliver on a solution.

I've Been Around

when will it be fixed for iOS9?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arthurdonin: Read message 99 of this thread, but don't count on the date being accurate.

I'm Here A Lot

That is the message I am referring to.

I am just suggesting one plausible cause to the delay. Remember, if it is Apple's fault and you are dependent on them providing you product, you aren't about to slag them publically, otherwise, they will prevent you from getting supply. It is not a nice dance if it is the case.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just installed the latest update to IOS 9 (IOS 9.2) and the Home Edition still crashes.

I guess it is up to you guys now!

mike