cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAPTV Home Edition for pad crashes in iOS9

mvannie
I Plan to Stick Around

Since upgrading to iOS 9'my app crashes every time I try to use it. 

I have deleted the the app and reinstalled with the same results. 

App starts and and logs in then returns tv listings. If I tap on any element of the UI to try to use beyond that it crashes. 

Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: RAPTV Home Edition for pad crashes in iOS9

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone,

Updates have been approved and are availble via iTunes app store.

See the below links for your respective app.

Anyplace TV Home Mobile 2.4.1: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/rogers-anyplace-tv-home-edition/id422672671

Anyplace TV Home Tablet (ON) 3.2.0: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/raptv-home-edition-tablet-on/id482996471

Rogers Live TV Tablet (ATL) 101.6.0: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/rogers-live-tv-tablet-at/id666406973

View solution in original post

186 REPLIES 186

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @mvannie,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have a recent iOS upgrade disrupt the use of the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app. Have you tried power cycling the iPad?

RogersArthur

mvannie
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried all your suggestions except the backup and restore. 

Seems a a little extreme for an app issue but I will try it when I have time. 

mvannie
I Plan to Stick Around

I have now tried all suggestions and have the exact same results.

Hi @mvannie

Thank you for doing this testing. 

I am going to take this away and see if I can get some answers.  

To get some more information  from you I am going to reach out to you via @CommunityHelps PM. 

Regards, 

RogersAliciaG

Perhaps you can post which model of phone you have as well??

Updated my iphone 6 to iOS9 last night.

RAPTV Home does appear to work for me.
I am able to log in.
I am able to go to the PVR page, and view the recording list there. 

I am able to select a channel and it bring ups the details, etc for that program.

mvannie
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, i thought I had that im my message title but autocorrect got the better of me 😉

It is not on my phone but my ipad mini.  The app works on my phone works.

Marc

Thats good to know.
So it may be ipad.. or specific age of ipad & ios9 & the app?

Which mini exactly is it? Just so they can pass the correct info along 🙂

mvannie
I Plan to Stick Around

iPad Mini Retina (iPad Mini 2)

As of now, I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, resetting the ipad, and finally a factory reset on the ipad.

All result in the same behavior.

Shawnieboy
I Plan to Stick Around

The ipad app has been broken ever since the ios 9 betas. Rogers needs to do an app update to fix it. There is a workaround to watch live tv without crashing just don't press on the show in the guide, choose the channels separately. 

mvannie
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Shawnieboy that is exactly what I figured, but I was unable to see any confirmation.

@RogersAliciaG has informed me by PM that that they have escalated a ticket to the back-end team for review.  Hopefully an update to the app is forthcoming.

Thanks too for the suggested workaround for live viewing.  I will give that a try.

Marc

I am having the same issue. I don't want to start a rant, but at some point, the Rogers leadership will need to realize customers will not trust them for home phone, home security, etc., until they can achieve a consistent level of reliability with all of their consumer facing technology, e.g., apps, pvr, etc. In other words, investing in technology that actually works as advertised will pay back in top line growth over time. Thanks for listening.

bullzie
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone else having issues with Anyplace TV Home Edition and iOS 9? It launches and logs in but as soon as you try to do anything it just boots you back to the iOS Home screen.  My girlfriend and I have having the identical issue on both our iPads and iPhones. Works fine on an older iPhone 4 that has iOS 7 on it. 

bullzie
I Plan to Stick Around

I see now this is a duplicate thread. I didn't find the other topic at first because of the name of the app in acronym form. 

I have to agree with JonnyCanuck..... iOS9 has not been a secret. Since updated my Apple devices to iOS9 I have been getting APP updates like crazy!!

WayneRW58
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes same thing is happening to me and I hope they fix fast it's so frustrating mostly with all the new shows starting this week!

WayneRW58
I've Been Here Awhile

My wife and I have an iPad Air and we are both having having the issues of it crashing

tpal
I've Been Around

My home edition TV app keeps crashing when trying to use is....please fix ASAP as there are new shows starting this week and was looking forward to seeing them.....I have uninstalled and re-installed but still the same....I upgraded the IOS 9 and I figure this is the problem....please help ASAP

Thanks JB

ricol
I've Been Around

The application stopped working for ipad after iOS9  update. Just the same as the application stopped working for Android months ago, without any resolution to date.

Rogers promotes this application in its advertisement, while basically the application does not longer work for Android or iOS9. If resolution to issues in Android or iOS9 is not provided soon, Rogers needs to stop advertising this application.

BobF4321
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm having this problem too... on iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 4, and iPad Air 2.

ruinband
I Plan to Stick Around

Same issue here on an 2nd generation iPad with iOS9

Crashes anytime a selection is made.

Reboots and reinstall does not fix the problem.