RAPTV Home Edition for pad crashes in iOS9

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: RAPTV Home Edition for pad crashes in iOS9

iPhone app has always worked for me, just iPad version is the issue

I Plan to Stick Around

No not for me, It'll still crash on my phone just not as often or catastrophically. For expample I'll go to the guide select a program, hit record and the app crashes. I'll go back into the app again and find that it accepted my record command..I mean in this case I guess it works but it's annoying as . . 

I Plan to Stick Around

I hear ya, if I touch anything it crashes, sad that this has been happening for so long with little to no response from rogers

I Plan to Stick Around

It is obviously designed for the iPhone screen. The difference in video protocol is messing it up on the iPad. It's a hardware thing!

I'm Here A Lot

It used to work fine. Don't think it is a hardware thing. Never used it to watch tv only to remotely control my pvr and search for programs.

I Plan to Stick Around

The iPad app worked up until May or June, I used it to watch tv ( second hockey game ) 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I see that the any place tv works just not the home edition 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yup, knew all that, thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

Let me clarify a few things.

1. This thread is about RAPTV Home Edition (sometimes called AnyPlace) and the iPad, not the iPhone.

5. It should work fine on your iPhone, regardless of if you have iOS8 or iOS9

I would also like to clarify.  RAPTV does NOT work on either iPad or iPhone.  It is the exact same behaviour as on the iPad.  It crashes on either device as soon as you try to select anything but pulling up the virtual remote works fine.  This is true for both of us in the house and will not work on either iPad or iPhone running iOS 9.x.  This thread should be for both devices as it is obviously the same bug affecting each device.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

We do apologize for the delay in releasing the fix for iOS 9.

I can confirm we are expecting the patch to be released early February.

Again, thank you for your patience.

RogersDarrell