Questions with upgrading to Extreme Plus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Questions with upgrading to Extreme Plus

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading to the Extreme Plus for the 150GB usage. Now I understand it has a built in modem and router. Is it possible to us my current Netgear router with the given modem instead?

Thanks a lot.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Questions with upgrading to Extreme Plus

Sure . . . just put the gateway into bridge mode so that it acts as a modem only.  You can call in to support and ask them to do it for you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sure . . . just put the gateway into bridge mode so that it acts as a modem only.  You can call in to support and ask them to do it for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh sweet, that is great. Thanks for your solution kibosh!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@kibosh wrote:

Or you can login to the web interface and do it yourself.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have extreme plus.  I often have slow speeds.  Last Summer/Fall when all the students came back to school, I had speeds that were less that 3% of advertised every night from 5 pm to 3Am or so.  Rogers blamed my equipment, computer, lines, everything but themselves, for 2 weeks of calls.  Finally Rogers tech support (CAT Dept) did an about face and admited that my extremely slow service was NODE CONGESTION.  They had oversold bandwidth in my area.  It then took them over a month to fix the problem.  I still have service that is ok at best.  This plan costs about twice what I paid for a similar plan with comcast in the states.  Only there the usage caps were more than double so you can actually use the service you pay for.  Rogers uses the usage cap to nickle and dime their customers for even more cash.  They could still stop extremely heavy users with a more reasonable 250 or 300 MB cap.  Also they should re instate just how much one can be charged in overages.  There used to be a cap on that fee.  Rogers thinks of their customers as piggy banks and knows there's no fair competition to switch to.   Rogers is the worst company I've ever dealt with.  I'm now going on 6 months of calls for a new issue where I dont recieve my new bills.  I recieve all my other mail, Rogers ads, notices, and bill reprints, just not the new bills.  The Office of the President claims it's Canada Posts fault.  In otherwords, Rogers position is Canada post delivers all my other mail and Rogers correspondance but does not deliver only my new Rogers bills.  It's absurd.