Question for expert on setup of Rogers advanced modem and new wireless router at same time

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Question for expert on setup of Rogers advanced modem and new wireless router at same time

Hi,

I currently have an older version modem from Rogers that I will exchange for their Advanced modem for Hybrid 60.  Also, I decided  that I will also buy a new AC1750 wireless router (the Trendnet router) to replace my 4 year old actual wireless router.  My question is this:  to make the setup of the new modem and the new router as easy as possible, is there a certain order that I should follow, for example, should I instal either the modem or the router first, should I use the setup wizard (if any) for one of the devices or both, etc...

I would really appreciate any advice that would make the setup of the 2 devices easier and headache free.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

M

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Question for expert on setup of Rogers advanced modem and new wireless router at same time

Hi Rleo,

You would want to make sure you disable the wireless features on the Rogers modem, and then place the modem in Bridge Mode before setting up your router first.

**UPDATE**

Hey,

For a step by step on how to bridge a Hitron CGN-3 gateway, please click the following link.

Thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Question for expert on setup of Rogers advanced modem and new wireless router at same time

Thanks Gi,

So are you saying that I should first conect the new modem directly to one of my computers and change it to bridge mode and after this is done, I should then connect the modem to my new wireless router and setup the wireless router using the instructions that come with it?

Also, is putting the rogers modem in bridge mode something I can do myself or is it necessary for me to call Rogers support?

Thanks again !!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Correct on both accounts.

Also, if you have issues putting your modem into bridge mode you can always contact Rogers Tech Support and they are able to do it remotely most times.