Question about price match

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Question about price match

Does Rogers still support price match?! I went  to the Calgary 7th Ave store and they told me NO. I then found this page: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal%3F_nfpb%3Dtrue%26_pageLabel%3DWRLS_HOME

that says Rogers price matches. I called the same store and talked to the manager and he said page doesn't exist! Thus, he can't price match for Rogers Business Account. 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Question about price match

Good day @maria1234cs,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

We are indeed currently matching prices with: National Carriers: Bell | Telus | Koodo | Wind | Mobilicity | Virgin

Competitive offers for price matching must meet the following criteria:

• Available to existing Rogers wireless customers only (excluding corporate customers) with hardware upgrade on a 2-yr Rogers plan.
  • Available in participating Rogers branded locations only.
  • Competitor's offer must be advertised nationally on television, radio, print and/or the internet.
  • Price match will only be applied if competitor's nationally advertised price is on "like" terms must be the same device model, in the same colour, on the same 2-yr term plan with the same minimum monthly service fee requirements. 

Price match will not apply to competitors plans, and we are therefore only discussing the subsidized device cost here.

The Rogers store located at the corner of 7th Ave S.W. and 2nd St S.W. in Calgary is technically a Rogers Store (not a Rogers authorized dealer) and should honor this policy of ours.

By "Business Account" do you mean "Corporate Account"? This could be a reason why it was not given to you.

You can request to speak with the store manager or ask the agent, at the retail location, to contact the Agent Support line in order for them to obtain clarification. We had discontinued this program for a while and it has only been recently relaunched.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Good day @maria1234cs,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

We are indeed currently matching prices with: National Carriers: Bell | Telus | Koodo | Wind | Mobilicity | Virgin

Competitive offers for price matching must meet the following criteria:

• Available to existing Rogers wireless customers only (excluding corporate customers) with hardware upgrade on a 2-yr Rogers plan.
  • Available in participating Rogers branded locations only.
  • Competitor's offer must be advertised nationally on television, radio, print and/or the internet.
  • Price match will only be applied if competitor's nationally advertised price is on "like" terms must be the same device model, in the same colour, on the same 2-yr term plan with the same minimum monthly service fee requirements. 

Price match will not apply to competitors plans, and we are therefore only discussing the subsidized device cost here.

The Rogers store located at the corner of 7th Ave S.W. and 2nd St S.W. in Calgary is technically a Rogers Store (not a Rogers authorized dealer) and should honor this policy of ours.

By "Business Account" do you mean "Corporate Account"? This could be a reason why it was not given to you.

You can request to speak with the store manager or ask the agent, at the retail location, to contact the Agent Support line in order for them to obtain clarification. We had discontinued this program for a while and it has only been recently relaunched.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I saw that several carriers (Fido, Koodo, Virgin Mobile) are all having a promotion for an unlimited talk/text with 1GB data plan for $34. I believe the regular price for these plans are $40. The 1GB plan Rogers has is $55. Is there any way to get Rogers to price match the $34 plan? I would even be happy with paying $40 for it. I don't understand why Rogers is charging so much more for this plan.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @clee290

Unfortunately Rogers does NOT price match plans. They only price match device prices. If you want to speak to Rogers about plans and see what they can do, contact Rogers via Live Chat, calling them or @CommunityHelps and they should be able to do something for u.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Meowmix

Thank you for the reply. That's unfortunate to hear. So they overcharge for their plans and customers can't do anything about it. I guess that's what almost 10 years of loyalty gets me.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @clee290

Sadly I do agree with you but again it's best to speak to them and see what they can offer you. Hopefully it all works out!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you @Meowmix, you've been a great help.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @clee290

You are welcome. Glad I helped out 🙂

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Just want to chime in on the conversation. Effective January 16, 2015 Rogers ended the price match option. We offer competitive device pricing and we continue to add more value to the overall Rogers experience. We will continue to constantly evaluate the market and update our pricing when necessary.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I do agree that you add more value. You make things seem more valuable than they actually are. The unlimited talk/text with 1GB plan is $40 (and currently on special for $34) from Fido, Koodo, and Virgin Mobile, while you guys charge $55 for the same plan. Definitely some added value there.