Question about picture format on Next Box 4642

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Question about picture format on Next Box 4642

Hi all, just got this Next box to replace my old one, after set up, i could not find the option for picture format setting (HDMI/upcovert1/upcovert2/Fixed), if i set as Normal, when viewing non-hd channel, there are black color surround the channel, anyone know show to fix it? Thanks

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Question about picture format on Next Box 4642

There was a change from the old ones to the new ones.
The old ones outputed sd channels in 480 and the HD ones in 1080.
The new boxes, output all at one setting (720 or 1080) for all, the sd channels being up converted. But it keeps them in their original lower Rez size, son it doesn't fit the screen fully.
The only real way to get them full screen is then to hit the aspect button on those channels to stretch/zoom.

Never heard the real reason as to why, but I do remembering hear a number of cases with newer tvs that they would lock up on the mode switch.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There was a change from the old ones to the new ones.
The old ones outputed sd channels in 480 and the HD ones in 1080.
The new boxes, output all at one setting (720 or 1080) for all, the sd channels being up converted. But it keeps them in their original lower Rez size, son it doesn't fit the screen fully.
The only real way to get them full screen is then to hit the aspect button on those channels to stretch/zoom.

Never heard the real reason as to why, but I do remembering hear a number of cases with newer tvs that they would lock up on the mode switch.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Kitty

Thanks for the reply, I think I should just keep my old hd box instead to change the Next Box...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's your call. Some people do prefer the old way.
All depends on what you watch. I only watch about 1-2 channels that are sd anymore, so doesn't happen that often.

There is no real need to switch to the newer boxes, obviously unless yours is failing, or if you wanted to take advantage of the newer features like the whole home pvr, etc.