Question about box that houses phone lines and cable inside house.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Question about box that houses phone lines and cable inside house.

We have just finished our basement and this box that houses the phone lines and cable line/modem is in a bad place. I was first ordering what it is called, and secondly how hard it would be to move it?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm an Advisor

Re: Question about box that houses phone lines and cable inside house.

I assume you mean you're wondering rather than ordering. I think it might be a risky proposition to move it yourself unless you're a do-it yourself kind of person and are willing to take a chance. I'd be inclined to call your phone and cable company and have them come in and look at it. There likely will be a charge for the service calls, though. Find out out much it will cost you to have them come and look at it and then do the work for you. If you don't like the cost, then there's a trade-off between doing it yourself and potentially causing service calls because something isn't working right after moving everything.

Updated Solution

You can move the Home Phone Modem & Cable Modem yourself, however it is in your best interest to call into Rogers and speak to a technician. By speaking with a technician you are able to obtain their opinion and determine whether or not a technician is needed to come out to your address and relocate the equipment for you. All service calls are $49.99 plus applicable taxs.