Question Regarding IPhone 4 and Pay as You Go.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Question Regarding IPhone 4 and Pay as You Go.

I occaisonally scroll through sites such as kijijji, and see IPhones unlocked and locked to networks and such. I am wondering if I Purchase a IPhone 4 ( thats locked to the Rogers Network already) would it work with the Pay as You Go Network (Preferably the 20$/Month Sociallite Plan?)

Any and All information Would be helpful.

Thank You, And Have safe and Happy Holidays.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Question Regarding IPhone 4 and Pay as You Go.

Hello 81

You are able to use the iPhone 4 on a pay as you go account. However you will need to get data on pay as you go as the iPhone apps and built in apps ( most of them) use data to work. That is the only thing you may need.

Also a iPhone 4 uses a Micro Sim Card if you need one.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 81

You are able to use the iPhone 4 on a pay as you go account. However you will need to get data on pay as you go as the iPhone apps and built in apps ( most of them) use data to work. That is the only thing you may need.

Also a iPhone 4 uses a Micro Sim Card if you need one.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your help! Would anyone be able to tell me if i can use the Phone on the 20$/ Month Sociallite Plan as everywhere i take it i already have access to wifi?

P.S

If it wont work on that plan can you list the plans it will work on?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 81

If you want to use WiFi on the phone, you are able too with the phone on the plan. You do NOT need data if you do not want it. Its your choice.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

One Last Question, You said that the I Phone Needs a Micro Sim Card, how much will that cost? And it is not the regular Rogers Sim card thats in most phones (cause i got one of those :D) :S?

Once Again Your Help is Much Appreciated

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 81

All sim cards cost the same. The Micro sim card will be $9.99+ tax. Those prices are for all sim cards Rogers has.

You are welcome 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello i recently got an i phone
I found it in a city bus
It does not make calls
What must i do to make it work
It has no sim
I am interested in the pay as u go plans
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Marken091972

IS the phone from Rogers? You need to go into the settings & see which carrier the phone is locked too. You can also check via taking it to a Rogers store & see if their sim card will work.

If it works with Rogers, you can get a paygo sim card & use it. If its locked to another carrier, you can NOT unlock it unless you jailbreak the device.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

just a thought... since you 'found' it, you could've turned it in to the bus company so the person who paid for it, and dropped it could have possibly gotten it back.  Sorry to sound mean but we've lost things this way and wished that the 'finder' would have done the right thing and turned it in.  😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello berly14

Agreed BUT not all of us do this. If i find a phone on the bus or subway, i will just wipe it & keep it or sell it. Why? Many reasons why. I have given back things i found before & either got told i was the person that stole it & wanted to return it because i was scared OR they people did not thank me.