QUESTIONS after QUESTIONS...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

QUESTIONS after QUESTIONS...

Hey everyone.

I called in notifying Rogers I would like to give them my 30 days notice of me canceling the service. After I told my reasons why, the rep offer me a deal. I do need cable and would like to have home phone service so I can buzz my guests in. I was told Rogers offer unlimited internet (apparently it not advertised on the site). I would like to downgrade from ultimate to extreme plus. I was offer Extreme plus internet with unlimited internet + VIP package tv + basic home phone for the price of 160 and change.

The rep also told me Rogers don't do contracts for services like internet, cable and home phone. She mentioned to me that some discounts included in the package expire after 1 year.

a. Is it true that Rogers don't put you in any agreement for these services?

b. Are the discounts some what like recurring credits that expire after 1 year?

Rep mentioned to me the installation fee can be waived.

Anyone in bundles where they are paying lower than what I'm offered?

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: QUESTIONS after QUESTIONS...

Firstly, the unlimited internet IS advertised on the website 🙂  Go to the roger site, hover your mouse over the internet tab, its the first thing you see 🙂

Now, i am not sure that rep was true 100% with you... its hard to say, not knowing the details of the deal.

YES, rogers does do contracts for their TV, internet, cable, etc.  Quite often that is how their deals are done.

Usually, it is you agree to a 1-3 year contract, and then they give you SOME form of deal for that period.  Now the discount could run the WHOLE length of the contract, or a shorter portion (say like the NEW signups, they may get 1/2 price for 6 months, then whatever afterwards).

Now, that is not to say.. there are people who have been offered and have deals, where they are open eneded.  Yes, its a promotional price.. but there is no contract with it.

Cant say really, in your case.  You really would need to call back and inquire more on it with someone else.

(install fee, yes usualy can be easily waived)

Everyones bundles can be slightly different. (especialy if they are a special promo)

I am paying about 180 for express, home phone, and TV (3 box rentals, + movie network).  But that is with a 60% TV services promo.  so 160 for that, is pretty good overall.

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually, Rogers seems to have done away with contracts on their Home Services (Cable, Internet and Home Phone) just checked the full details in the bundle section.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting.. you MAY be right.. I would still just DOUBLE CHECK, just to make sure.

Anyone still on an existing contract, would have to complete it, before chaging to anything else.

I Plan to Stick Around

yeah, i wouldnt think that would change lol