Q10 data overage!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Q10 data overage!!!

So I contacted Rogers and was told:

I apologize for the misinformation relative to data usage while on Wifi. To be clear, when on Wifi, one does not use data from data plan as not on the Rogers Network. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello stormdajo

That is correct. The ONLY time it will use ur data from ur plan is if WiFi is turned off or the WiFi signal is low and goes to ur data bucket.
I'm Here A Lot

That is what I always thought, but then this weekend a Rogers support person told me that was not true, that even being on wi-fi would use my data?? So it doesn't use my data, only if the signal fails - it should then show me 4G (or LTE, etc)?

What about bbm (Blackberry Messenger) does it use data? On and off wifi?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Stormdajo

It doesn't use ur Packaged data if WiFi is on as i explained unless ur WiFi signal is low and switches over to ur carrier data or if ur WiFi has a timer and turns it off.

Also yes Blackberry Messagener uses data on WiFi and off of WiFi (carrier data). So let's say ur outside without WiFi, Blackberry Messenger will use data if ur sending pictures or messages. Due remmeber if u have emails or anything like that with sync it will use data as well.