Q10 Release

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Q10 Release

What is going on with the Q10 and there doesn't seem to by any stock?  I'm in Toronto so you can't use the "They're starting in TO first" excuse.  

Preordered and am number 165.  Don't tell me they don't have 200 units on launch day?!?

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Q10 Release

Hello moxy

I know 4 stores that got sold out this morning an hsour after opening. The pre orders get sent out after the releas date. The reservations get either sent out either before ot after the release depending on how many units they get
I Plan to Stick Around

So you're telling me that I would have been in a better position has I not preordered?  Seems kind of backwards if the people who pre-ordered aren't getting priority.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello moxy

It all depends. Some stores got 6 ( 3 black & 3 white) & some stores got 10 each. It depends on the location as well.

When you use the pre order system & the reservation system it does NOT guarantee you will get it at launch. Also are you a new customer pre order? or a existing customer with reservation?
I Plan to Stick Around

Existing.

Good to see my $40 interest free loan to Rogers does something for me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello moxy

You get that $40 back when you cancel the reservation or when the phone ships out.

Also its been know that some manufacturers send a limited amount devices to the carriers. Also lets say Blackberry sent 500 to Rogers, they have to divided that to the stores, call centers, business & corporate reservation & reservations also for new pre orders. So they have to go between all that & allocate all of them

It should go IN PROGRESS sometime tomorrow or Friday. You should get it by Monday or Tuesday the latest.

It even says the Rogers reservation system does NOT guarrantee you will get the phone at launch. Its meant for them to keep a device for you just in case the stores run out just like what happened today. They will ship it out when Blackberry sends them some. If Blackberry sent them already the phones in which i do believe they have, give it until Friday & see if anything changes.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, $40 back without interest where they took my money and sat on it earning interest.  Turn the tables and they wouldn't hesitate to charge me interest if I was late in my $40 payment.

My only hope now is that they don't send it until the 15th so I get that additional $50 "guarantee" credit.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello moxy

Yes if they do not send it until the 15th, you will get the $50 credit automatically. The system will add it by it self once that day comes if your reservation has not shipped out.

They do not charge you interest as its just a down deposit thing. You get it back anyways. If you miss a payment then yes every company charges interest. Not only Rogers..

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has constantly been late crediting me on overpayments but that is different story so I'm very jaded on this issue.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello moxy

Lets keep this topic on topic please. If you want to talk about that, you can call Rogers & make a complaint about it. Nothing can be done about that here.

Anyways back on topic. Just wait until Friday or so to see if anything happens. Most likely it will ship out either Friday or Monday. You will get it the next day it ships.There could be issues with the warehouse so that could also delay from them to do anything. Sometimes this happens.