Pvr in Continuos countdown mode

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roselli58
I've Been Here Awhile

Pvr in Continuos countdown mode

My 8642hd is in continuos count down/ count up mode and has been doing it for hours. There is an "r " in front of the count down then there are other letters and numbers ex: Er53 and it repeats the count down again. Is this something that can be fixed remotely or do I need to take my box back to Rogers?

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Pvr in Continuos countdown mode

Let it do it, a few times.

I have had that, with my one bedroom 4642 box.. where the signal is JUST within the ok spectrum..  was doing it when there was a major update.. guessing the bad signal, caused it to have to do it a few times, to get it properly.

If it doesnt come back after say 3-4 cycles of this.. likely something maybe failed on an update.. and yeah, best to take the box back in.

Unfortunately, that will mean a loss of all recordings on it, etc 😞

But at that point, you may want to consider a switch to the new NB3 (if you dont use a surround sound system often).. its a MUCH faster box overall than the NB2

Roselli58
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the advice, I guess it's going back. It's been doing it for at least 5 hours now. I've unplugged it several times and have even reauthorized the reboot, no luck.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

bar something happening to the signal to that spot in the house (a splitter going bad, etc), yeah, swaping the box may be the next best bet.

Roselli58
I've Been Here Awhile

Ended up being an issue with the hard drive. Had to take it in and get a replacement unit.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That sucks.
Least you could bet it swapped.