Pvr Extender

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Pvr Extender

I have the 8300hd pvr model is there any way to geta  extender for it .

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Pvr Extender

by extender do you mean view the content on another tv or computer elsewhere in the house? Or do you mean adding capacity to record more shows?
I'm Here A Lot

If you want to add additional space to record programs onto, then yes, you can.  Simply purchase a PVR Extender at one of the Rogers Plus locations.  They come in two capacities at the moment, 500Gb and 1Tb.  This will give you roughly 4x-8x the current recording space you have.  Simply plug it into the back of the box and into a power outlet and the PVR and the drive do the rest of the work.  Be aware, however, that the recordings are encoded to the specific serial number of your PVR and cannot be read by another PVR or a computer.

If you want to view the PVR recordings in another room, this is not something that Rogers provides at this time.

Mythorn

***Update***

Hello everyone,

For more information on PVR Extenders please click here.

Hope this helps!

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm not sure on the prices rogers charges for an extender but you can also just buy a hard drive and an external enclosure that has an e-sata connector. Then you just plug it in the same as the rogers one and it formats and is ready to go after a reboot of the pvr. (Reboot being a full power off/on)

Probably much cheaper going this route.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You can purchase a Western Digital PVR extender at Best Buy. It has 1TB in recording space and is about $60 cheaper that the 500 GB box sold by Rogers. It uses the eSata connection on the back of the PVR.