Purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S4

Hi,

Been thinking about getting the S4.. I recently upgraded to the iPhone 5S.

I posted before.. but I just wanted a bit more information before I head on over to the Rogers store to do the switch.

I read online that there's been the case of the S4's screen to crack? Without it being the users' fault. I don't want to pay anything EXTRA for my phone. if I didn't cause the damage, I don't want to fix it - it would be the manufacturers fault. 

I'm a bit indecisive on this, I'm just scared that if I get the S4.. weeks later the screen will crack and the manufacturer/Rogers won't honour it. I know the S5 is coming out on Apr11 but I don't really want to wait 3 weeks+, considering my 15-day return policy is going to be up by then.

I just want to hear some suggestions and feedback on what others have had with this problem. Is it a good choice to switch? 

PS. I do carry my phone in the back pocket of my skinny jeans a lot.. and I've heard the problem of the glass cracking for the S4 is somewhat responsible for that.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S4

Hello jstizzlee

Yes on my S4 the week it launched last year my LCD cracked 3 cracks on the same day without me touching it. This seems to be the case with many not just on Rogers but on most carriers. It seems the LCD they used breaks very easily. I do not know if they made the switch to another one but i doubt it.

Its not only responsible because you put it on the back pocket. It breaks anyway possible even by just pressing down with your finger hard on the LCD or just leaving it in your pockets or outside.

This is something you need to really think about. No one on here can really tell you which device to get or what not. Also search online like other forums / sites & see what others say on there.

Even if its the manufacturers fault, chances of you getting it fixed for free are less then 5% if not less then that. They will blame you like Samsung blamed me & others for no reason & without even seeing the device.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S4

Hello ramzi456

Something must be making it crash. Are you leaving all the apps open at once? Rogers can only do so much as they never manufactured the device.