Promotional extension letter

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srdhunter
I'm Here A Lot

Promotional extension letter

When I received this letter I was happy. I thought this is great because i was enjoying my rogers nhl center ice and thought i could go on enjoying it, but two weeks later no more nhl center-ice. I called to find out why but was told I didn't qualify. So I dug up this letter and re-read it. It seems this letter is either a lie or the guy (Mike) lied.

The underlining problem I have is where this letter say's, ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF YOUR SERVICE(S) WILL REMAIN THE SAME.

Now if you were me would you not expect NOTHING would change. But poof no rogers nhl center ice.

Now according to the law, this letter is a statement to further extend an already existing contract. Is it not?

20180317_003725_edited01 (1).jpg

RogersShaun
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Promotional extension letter

Hello @srdhunter,

Thanks for reaching out. 

I completely understand your frustration here. If I received the same letter, I'd also assume that everything would remain as-is. Having said that, we'd need to take a look at your account to figure out what happened.

Could you please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look into this? For more information on our Private Message system, see this page

RogersShaun

srdhunter
I'm Here A Lot

I'm a little confused here. Shaun, who @CommunityHelps should I PM. In order to send a PM in your system I'd require a target. Please specify.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@srdhunter :  You don't need a "target". Login to the forum, click on the first link in @RogersShaun's post and click on "Send this user a PM" on the right side of the screen.  (The same link you have in your post).

Or click on @RogersShaun and send him a PM.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@srdhunter

Let us know what you learn - there may be fine print things like NHL Centre Ice was a time limited offer with restrictions, if I recall and so may not be considered as "part of your services", but a value added adon, not that I agree with them removing it given how any customer would read the email.  But rogers and other companies are known for being a bit lose in their definitions of changes, but there is one thing that is clear - CRTC requires that companies advise you clearly what you may lose - I may not be in error mixing up wireless code rules with home service rules, but Cable and Internet and Home are all under CCTC that apply CRTC rules, so I would argue strongly that all services will remain the same is just that - all services that you are receiving will remain the same, all that is changing is extending the promotional offer.

I am on a similiar promotional offer that runs out in September and goes to full prices, it would be interesting to know if they will be doing these for more people, or only some select ones.

Although I am seriously considering doing the cord cutting routine, and letting everything go this time due to finances, and I am not happy with the example you just presented, of hidden surprises that differ from what any intelligent customer would interpret it says.  I have had too many of these in the last number of years where the message leads me to believe one thing, and I find out eslewise.  Not one single change in service in the last 4 years for my home services hasn't required me to follow-up.

Interesting to know if others are getting this extension offer.  Wonder if they fear losing customers while we all wait around the the "ignite TV" to consider for future, but while waiting, our prices are taking big jumps off the promotions.

Good luck in what you learn.  Follow @57 's instructions.  the full details on the use of the private messaging is in the link at the bottom of @RogersShaun 's message with the this page link.

Could you please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look into this? For more information on our Private Message system, see this page

Bruce

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I agree Bruce  ... it is just ambiguous  business speak ,seeminly  ment to snag the unwary customer .   Having been caught before by this I would suggest that the "all other aspects of your services will remain the same "  does not mean that you can keep those services intact for the extended period  but that they will follow the timetable that they would have before that email came  ...thus if some other aspect of your services like the hockey thing, had been due to expire it will still expire, only the promo that they  are referring to will continue. Smiley Sad

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

My wife and I were talking about this and our conclusion - since we have marketing restrictions on any contact from Rogers, except for notifications of changes in our services, these messages are really the only way to get us to contact them about services, and when we find that there is confusing or misleading results from the message as to what we thought we were getting, because the message hadn't included the one obvious disclaimer - all services remain the same, except for services like Super Channel ending in October, NHL ending on (date), any other time limited items.

See your bill for more detail as to the time limited items as it is itemized, or ask about any time limited services you may have on your account.

So lesson - ask them to describe in full detail, the services you have now, all of the, including add-ons, and time limited or promotional items, and what that price was, and exactly what you will be seeing in this new offer, as they conviently left important information out of the email.

Then that leads to frustration, and attempts to market replacements, or extensions, etc.  At least our opinion.

I am so tired of the negotiation game that Rogers plays - it looks a lot like "bate and switch strategies".

Bruce

srdhunter
I'm Here A Lot

Sorry it took me a bit to get back here, my shift at work is terrible hence the need for nhl center-ice in the first place.

Well as it was explained to me, Rogers NHL Center-ice was actually never part of my promotional package, it was an add-on that lasted the exact same length as my promotion.

I must point out that it wasn't the NHL Center-ice thing that brought me back to Rogers after a 11yrs with Bell.

Back when I was with Rogers I was treated very badly. Bell was very good to me never had a problem. But when their customer service started treating me with disdain when I called for minor things I started to get terrible speeds with their internet and the satellite system was dropping out all the time. Bells customer service went from bad to disgusting, that was the end of them.

So far Rogers has been so much better (even with this contract double-speak) any problem I've had which their have been many (only technical though) they've been prompt and professional. Now that all the tech stuff seems to be working well, NHL Center-ice has been the only draw back.

In the end I purchased the rest of the season for 75 bucks, but only because it lasts till the end of august. No stupid black-out restrictions in summer. (that are not Rogers fault, talked to a rep @nhl today) 

RogersZia

Hello @srdhunter,

Glad to hear about your experience so far Robot Happy! We're always working hard to ensure a good customer experience and your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

RogersZia

srdhunter
I'm Here A Lot

Your very welcome