Programming the Rogers Remote (5) Control for my TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Programming the Rogers Remote (5) Control for my TV

How do I program the Rogers remote control (5-mode) when I need to place the digital box ( Model 8300 HD DTVSA)in a cupboard?

I did all the settings as required but when I place the digital box in the cupboard, the TV responds to the volume controls and on/off but does not respond to channel changes?

Jo

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Programming the Rogers Remote (5) Control for my TV

Hi.

Before channel channels, did you first press the CBL (Cable) button on the remote?

When you change channels, the CBL should be flashing red.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Programming the Rogers Remote (5) Control for my TV - still no success

I tried your suggestion -

"Before channel channels, did you first press the CBL (Cable) button on the remote?"

and  when I tried to change channels, the CBL was flashing red but the channel did not change.

I am aiming the remote at the TV and not the box because the box is in a cupboard. What I find difficult to understand is that the Remote pointed at the TV causes the volume to change and off/onn works but not channel changes?

Any thoughts etc?

Thanks,

Jo

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The real problem here is your box is now in a sealed cubbord, causing it to NOT work with the remote, its being Blocked by the cubbord doors.

The box is designed to be used out in the open either on top of the TV or on a Shelf near the TV. the box also needs adequite ventalation and putting it into a cubbord is going against that.

Thirdly, there is NO programming to the remote to get it to work in the cubbord, you need to have the box visible, so I would put it on a shelf or something.  You can also look into the IR extender, however I am not familiar  with this and I hear its very difficult to buy the right one designed for these boxes.

The volume signal on the remote is sent to your TV, the CH Up CH Down, Guide, etc. are sent to the BOX. Your TV does not understand these commands, thats why the box must be visible.  If you thought your TV was recognizing these commands then i hate to break it to you but thats incorrect.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Pauly.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation