cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

leafs121688
I've Been Around

Hi,

I've went through the steps for both the automatic and manual code-finding to set up my Rogers 5-mode remote and neither have worked.  When I try to imput the four-digit code for the manufacturer, the TV thinks I'm imputting a channel I want to go to rather than a code, and when I'm pressing [CH+] it's scanning through channels not codes and just keeps surfing and surfing.  Is there a certain menu or channel I'm supposed to be on while doing this so it knows I'm trying to program?

Thanks!

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote

Jeffrey
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hello leafs121688,

Any channel is ok. Make sure you are waiting for the double flash when holding the setup button in step 3. This is what tells the remote to switch into programming mode. (and not to surf channels)

let me know if this helps.  If it doesn't work it might be a faulty remote.

Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Auto Scanning Method

1. Turn ON your TV.
  2. Press the TV button once. The TV button will flash once.
  3. Press and hold the SETUP button until the TV button flashes twice, then release .
  4. Press 9 9 1 on the number pad. The TV button will flash twice.
  5. Aim the remote TOWARDS your TV, press the PWR button once.
  6. Repeatedly press the CH+ button until your TV turns off. The remote will cycle through all possible codes until a match is found. You may need to press the CH+ button many times before finding a match.
  7. Once the TV turns off, press the SETUP button once to lock the code. The TV button will flash twice.
  8. Confirm the remote is programmed correctly by pressing the PWR button to turn on your TV.

TIP: To program the remote to control other devices, repeat the above instructions using the mode button for that device (DVD, AUX or AUD).

Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Manual Method

1. Find the code for the device you wish to control in the Rogers Remote Code Library.
  2. Turn ON the device you wish to control.
  3. Find the mode button for the device you wish to program (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) Press it once. The button will blink once.
  4. Press and hold the SETUP button until the selected mode button blinks twice.
  5. Enter the 4-digit code for the device. The selected mode button blinks twice. (If the mode button shows a single long blink, the entry is invalid. Try steps 3 and 4 again using a different code if available.)
  6. Point the remote at the device and press PWR button. The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 3 and 4, using a different code for your device, if available.
  7. If you continue to experience problems, try the auto-scanning mode detailed above.

*** Update June 13th, 2017 ***

Please click Here to view the updated "How To" guide for programming steps on the Champion Plus IR remote.

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101

Jeffrey
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hello leafs121688,

Any channel is ok. Make sure you are waiting for the double flash when holding the setup button in step 3. This is what tells the remote to switch into programming mode. (and not to surf channels)

let me know if this helps.  If it doesn't work it might be a faulty remote.

Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Auto Scanning Method

1. Turn ON your TV.
  2. Press the TV button once. The TV button will flash once.
  3. Press and hold the SETUP button until the TV button flashes twice, then release .
  4. Press 9 9 1 on the number pad. The TV button will flash twice.
  5. Aim the remote TOWARDS your TV, press the PWR button once.
  6. Repeatedly press the CH+ button until your TV turns off. The remote will cycle through all possible codes until a match is found. You may need to press the CH+ button many times before finding a match.
  7. Once the TV turns off, press the SETUP button once to lock the code. The TV button will flash twice.
  8. Confirm the remote is programmed correctly by pressing the PWR button to turn on your TV.

TIP: To program the remote to control other devices, repeat the above instructions using the mode button for that device (DVD, AUX or AUD).

Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Manual Method

1. Find the code for the device you wish to control in the Rogers Remote Code Library.
  2. Turn ON the device you wish to control.
  3. Find the mode button for the device you wish to program (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) Press it once. The button will blink once.
  4. Press and hold the SETUP button until the selected mode button blinks twice.
  5. Enter the 4-digit code for the device. The selected mode button blinks twice. (If the mode button shows a single long blink, the entry is invalid. Try steps 3 and 4 again using a different code if available.)
  6. Point the remote at the device and press PWR button. The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 3 and 4, using a different code for your device, if available.
  7. If you continue to experience problems, try the auto-scanning mode detailed above.

*** Update June 13th, 2017 ***

Please click Here to view the updated "How To" guide for programming steps on the Champion Plus IR remote.

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the help Jeffrey.

Duckman
I Plan to Stick Around

I was looking to purcahse the above receiver.  Does Rogers have a working code to program their remote control, 1056 5-button, to control the volume of this receiver?

Thanks for any help!!

D

Just a FYI, the Rogers remote is very powerfull. Infact its more powerfull than we know. I have compeltely stopped using my factory LG tv remote and have programmed discreet codes into the rogers one to mimic functions that only the factory remote could do, such as turning on the closed caption, pip, video input source, and the sound/picture settings.   So instead of struggling like my next door neighbour fumbling with 2 remotes,  I have one simple remote, controlling not only the Rogers cable box, but also the TV.    My neighbour is gealous of me when ever he comes over but i know he is too embarrased to ask how I did it.

squibby1
I'm Here A Lot

I would like to get rid of my audio remote also. I can on/off, adjust volume but any way the rogers pvr remote can switch between inputs on my receiver?

Toff
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
I think it actually varies. For example the function works for my one receiver in the basement, but not for the other one in my living room upstairs.

In the basment, I just press different numbers on the Rogers keypad which function as a switch between the different inputs on my receiver.

Same thing applies to accessing the TV menu options. It will work on certain TVs but not others.

lucretrius3
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jeffrey wrote:Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Manual Method

1. Find the code for the device you wish to control in the Rogers Remote Code Library

Some of us have the remote with the "D" button:  http://urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=289

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
I'm not tech savy so this may sound like a dumb question. When I program my DVD player to my remote should the TV be on or off?

mousetamer
Makes no difference unless you want to see what your DVD player is doing.

yeah makes no difference

jays77
Thanks to both of you.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
your welcome

Jeffrey, is there a "previous channel" / back button on the Cisco remote for the Digital Adapter? Also, how to switch to DVD player (normally would select "input")? Thanks.

See my reply in your other thread 🙂

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To answer your Q yes there is a button to return to the prev channel.  As for how to control your TV''s input with this remote, i hate to break it to you but this remote is very basic.  If having a remote that does everything for you, you might want to purchase a universal remote for ~ $10 and up. or ask if rogers has any alternative remotes that can be used for this box.  I know the Atlas brand remotes also work with this DTA and are very easy to program and far more advanced if you need the features. Just dont ask me if and how much rogers will charge to  swap the remote for you since i do not work for them,

KIF
I've Been Around

I'm having an awful time trying to program (reprogram?)  my TV. The backstory is that a few buttons on my old remote stopped working and I got a new one of the same model.

I'll lay out the routine:

-Turn on TV and cable box

-Press device key, it flashes once and then five times more almost instantaneously

-Press and hold setup, the device key flashes once and then once more three seconds later. It flashes five more times after I release the key.

-Press 9-9-1, the TV goes to channel 991

-Press power key, nothing happens (note: the power key does shut the box off in any other circumstance)

-Press CH+ repeatedly, channel changes repeatedly and device does not shut off

OR

-Press the other CH+ key at the bottom of my remote, and nothing happens and the device does not shut off

-Device does not shut off so I do not press setup

Expect for the volume and mute key, every other key functions. Only after I press any button, the active device key (the 5-mode TV/CBL/DVD/VCR/AUD one) flashes five times.

What am I missing that I can't even begin to get into the program mode? Thanks a lot.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

check the manual what flashing 5 times rapidly means, but im thinking it could mean you have low batteries?  id double check first.

farisimo
I've Been Around

hi there!!

question???how do I set my digital set-top box remote to change the channels on my tv....  I follow  the instructions and only get    the volume, mute andpower  going..

Thanks

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
hi farisimo, have you tried selecting the "TV" mode on your remote? also if you have tried this already, and when in TV mode it still controls your STB, have a look at this:

when you go to another device key such as TV or DVD, those buttons will control the remote controlls for the devices in question. But you must make sure your remote has the channel control lock function disabled. because by default the remote controlls channel control capabilities are locked to the cable conveter. The affected keys are 1 throgh 0 ch+ ch- enter and last. This will guarentee that you don't inadvertenlt change a channel on your TV or VCR, however ytou can de-activate this feature to allow full access to these keys in TV and VCR modes.

CBL

hold setup wait for 2 blinks

CH-

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
incase the search isnt working, i have linked to a post i made over a year ago on this same topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats