Programming TV with 5-mode Remote - Video Input button

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Programming TV with 5-mode Remote - Video Input button

Is there any way to program the video input button on my remote control to control the video input on the TV. Currently when I use this button it indicates that it is controlling the Rogers Digital Box rather than the TV.  The remote works fine for the power and volume on my TV. I had hoped I might use the remote for a few more options.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Programming TV with 5-mode Remote - Video Input button

If your remote is programmed to turn your TV on/off and also controls the TV volume then all you need to do is press the TV button then press the video source at the bottom,  it should then flip through the video sources on the TV....At least that's how it works on my remote.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If your remote is programmed to turn your TV on/off and also controls the TV volume then all you need to do is press the TV button then press the video source at the bottom,  it should then flip through the video sources on the TV....At least that's how it works on my remote.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

thats the long way. You can "copy" the TV's video source key to the Cable mode version of that button, which makes sense, since there is no use for the video source button in the cable box mode.

I'll give you instructions how to do this below, it makes life easier:

Try this: Hold setup for 2 blinks, 9 9 4, TV, Video Source, CBL, Video Source (2 blinks for success). That will copy the TV Video Source keys to CBL mode. If that doesn't work, it's not a programming issue.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Pauly, exactly the info i was looking for!!!    thx

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This is exactly what I'm looking for, but your instructions didn't quite do it for me.

Are you certain those are the exact steps, or did I miss something?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

You replied to a very old thread, so I don't really know what you're referring to. I recently programmed a couple of Rogers remotes to control DVD players following the instructions on the UEI website. No problems at all.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario