Problems with os 5.0 on the 9000

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Problems with os 5.0 on the 9000

Is anyone els having problems with the new 5.0 operating system for the 9000.  My ring tones don't work, I've tried reloading the system (didn't work), battery pull (works for a few hours then goes back to the same problem).  Any help would be appreciated.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Problems with os 5.0 on the 9000

Hey,

Is anyone else having issues with the new 5.0 operating system for the 9000?

I've Been Around

I do have the same problem on my 9000. The bigger problem is that it works after a battery pull but the ring tune goes away randomly. I read about its online. this issue has been reported on crackberry.com as well. It seems to be a bug in this release that needs to be fixed ASAP !!!

I will not know that my ring tune doesnt work (no indication on the phone) until someone calls my home phone wondering why I don't answer calls on my cell !!

I Plan to Stick Around

You mention reloading system, do you mean upgrade also?, lots of times an upgrade / reload is the best way.  Then if you still have problems you could go back to an older version of OS.  Plug your berry into the NEW desktop software (6.0 released August 25) and ask it search for upgrades, install

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Smiley Happy

It's not just with the 9000, I have an 8520 and did the software upgrade.  From what I gather it's a bug in the software.

I have done numerous battery pulls to no avail.  I am going to try re-loading the software tonight to see if that helps.  I know it's frustrating at best, especially when you use your BB for alarms, need it for email alerts, calendar alerts, etc.

Good luck!

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Problems with OS 5.0 on the 9000

I have the same problem as well. I just try to not change the ringer after setting it cause that's when the sound goes. Another problem I have that is a major pain is the fact that my 9000 randomly restarts itself and half my battery is gone. I would have like 4 bars (80%) left , send a txt and it will randomly shut down on its own and start back up. Once restarted, I have less than 10% remaining!! If anyone knows how to fix that, it would be greatly appreciated. But either way I'll have the Torch in 2days from now. Hopefully no problems with that one Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Problems with OS 5.0 on the 9000

Similar issue on a 9700, seems like an issue across the board.  After a battery pull my ring tone is changed.  Change it back to what it should be and we're good to go

How old is your battery caramel03?   I would say if your close to a year pick up a new one, check for / install updates for your berry and see if that fixes your problem    I had a 9000 for almost 2 years, acted up in a similar fashion, replaced battery, all good

Overall the 9000 is still my favourite berry, the 9700 is nice, OS a bit different, but cant beat the feel of a 9000

I've Been Here Awhile

I am a little disappointed with RIM.  After 2 weeks of several different problems ring and alert tones, problems with wrong version specific for carrier, problems with having to remove many applications for upgrade to download.  I have downgraded my OS on my Bold 9000 from 5.0 to 4.6.  It is very inconvienent when I have no tones at all, either for alerts or phone calls.  I would appreciate it if there was more beta testing before release.  This reminds me of Windows and the many different versions and upgrades that went wrong with the different gliches ....please RIM make sure we can use your product.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know if the glitches in the 5.0 OS have been resolved yet?  I would like to update but not if there are problems still.

Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

Hello mattahari75,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

The glitches in the 5.0 Operating system for the the bold have indeed been resolved.

I suggest you download this specific file:

Software For BlackBerry® Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1626 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1626
Consisting of:
  • Applications: 5.0.0.900
  • Software Platform: 5.2.0.89
  • File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1626_PL5.2.0.89_A5.0.0.900_Rogers_Wireless_Inc.exe
  • File size: 126.02MB

Please click on this link and locate the correct file

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1905AEDAB9BF2477EDC068A355BBA31A

I hope this helps,