Problems with ROD not loading

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Problems with ROD not loading

Hi I have been having troubles with my Rogers on Demand not loading.

What will happen is I go to channel 100 and it will load the previews for movies and it requires me to press the "A" button to continue. I press the "A" button and nothing happens, nothing will happen if I press the "Select/OK" button as well. I know it is not the remote because I have tried another remote on it and was able to access it on another cable box in my house with both remotes. I cannot use ROD on demand nor any other On Demand channel. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could please help me out, thanks.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Problems with ROD not loading

Try to do a power cycle (unplugging and then plugging back in). This usually fixes problems with these boxes. If the problem still persists try switching the box with the other one in your house just to see if it's the wires or something.. If it turns out to work in the other location or the other box doesn't work in it's location it's probably the cable wire or some splitter somewhere along the line. If the same box does work in both places I would bring it into a Rogers and exchange it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Try to do a power cycle (unplugging and then plugging back in). This usually fixes problems with these boxes. If the problem still persists try switching the box with the other one in your house just to see if it's the wires or something.. If it turns out to work in the other location or the other box doesn't work in it's location it's probably the cable wire or some splitter somewhere along the line. If the same box does work in both places I would bring it into a Rogers and exchange it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Maybe you can give me some guidance. I also have problems with on demand, one box (not the pvr) works only occasionally but the other in different location works all the time.
I own PVR and just rent the other. Rogers as expected tells me it is my equipment. Apparently they say my PVR is not communicating with them.
Anyone got a suggestion please.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if the PVR is not communicating with Rogers, then there might be a problem with the upstream signal, possibly caused by bad splitters or poor quality cable runs. rod needs 2-way communication on the cable line to work correctly, maybe ur signal is too weak on that cable outlet? maybe its a good idea to have a technician look at the cables?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the info. Was wondering if you have any idea how the communication between PVR and Rogers is achieved. 

I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD+. 

I had replaced the hard drive and ROD worked, got new hard drive (same size as orig ) ROD doesn't work. Tried changing drive again, still didn't work. 

What info is being broadcast and what does the broadcasting. 

Thanks again

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i do not know exactly what info is transmitted, they do not tell people this for security reasons, but there is signal being sent to the head end to send the vod stream to your node, then your stb will tune into it.  it is usually in the 45 mhz range or possibly lower,  so if these signals are not reaching the head end, then your vod will not communicate.  remember, cable used to be all one way at one point, now its 2-way for ROD and SDV to work.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I"ve been trying for 2 days now to access Rogers On Demand (on the tv) I Do not have a pvr or a netbox, just the regular digital cable box.  Have always been able to go to ROD but not past couple days.  The channel comes on with the advertisement/trailer for a movie or whatever, tells me to press the 'A' button, and when I do it starts to log on but then says an error has occured and it goes back to the screen with the movie trailer.  Does anyone know whats going on or what has to be done to fix this.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you tried rebooting the box yet? Last time that happened to me, i restarted teh box, then it worked fine.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks,  that seems to have fixed it.  It's never happened before so wasn't sure what to do to fix it.