Problems with On Demand TMN & HBO since upgrading to new Rogers interactive guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Problems with On Demand TMN & HBO since upgrading to new Rogers interactive guide

We have two pvr's. An older one and a newer CISCO.

On the CISCO I have upgraded to the new Rogers interactive guide which I like accept for two huge flaws:

1) No slow-motion capability by hitting "Play" twice.

2) ON DEMAND TMN and HBO have "No Videos Available".

My old PVR with the old interactive guide has the videos. The new PVR shows the TV series, but when you click on them "no videos available".

very frustrating. Any advise - I don't want to have to revert to old interactive guide.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Problems with On Demand TMN & HBO since upgrading to new Rogers interactive guide

On demand screen was fine - but "no video available" when you made your selection.
Since Rogers no help or explanation or fix, i had to return to old interactive guide but all recorded programs are erased and set up recordings are lost.
But I had no choice no other option made available.

I recommend to go back to old interactive guide if experiencing same problem.

I hope rogers learns the problem is related to the new guide.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Problems with On Demand TMN & HBO since upgrading to new Rogers interactive guide

Other than the give it a reboot first :)...

For the TMN/HBO.. are these the only ones with issues? have you tried the other ROD channels?
They were working fine, on this box, with the old guide?

Slomo.. its a feature they failed to add back in, and many of us has asked for...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Get a tech out. Your new box may not be getting an IP for the ROD to work. I had a similar issue which then turned worse when I was no longer able to even tune in to the ROD channels. It turned out that it was a glitch in the Rogers computer and the fix was to cancel my services and create a new account.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Did you ever get a fix for this? I am having the exact same problem and ROGERS is saying that the problem is NOT with them but with my  PVR (go figure!!).  Please advise if you get a fix for this problem...

Thanks so much,

Mel

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

mel, I have the same issue!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Question, when you weren't able to tune into ROD, what did your screen say? Was there a not authorized screen? The tech came out and said that my box is broken which I find hard to believe. I'm not the only person with this issue.

Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

On demand screen was fine - but "no video available" when you made your selection.
Since Rogers no help or explanation or fix, i had to return to old interactive guide but all recorded programs are erased and set up recordings are lost.
But I had no choice no other option made available.

I recommend to go back to old interactive guide if experiencing same problem.

I hope rogers learns the problem is related to the new guide.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Glad I found this thread because three weeks ago a tech even came out and said my box was broken....It works now.  I aske them to remove the services and add them back on.  Thanks Mouse Tamer!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You are very welcome 🙂
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have this same issue, with no videos in the TMN Series folders. I discovered that if I shut off parental control in the setup menu, it then works correctly.   I don't think it should work that way and if it is, than its a poor piece of programming.   Funny thing is the movies on TMN work all the time.

I am on the phone with rogers now and they are removing my services and then reinstalling them.  

Hopefully it works..