Problems with Bluetooth on Android 4.4.3 LG Nexus 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
bbetnar
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Problems with Bluetooth on Android 4.4.3 LG Nexus 5

Ever since I updated to Android 4.4.3 on my LG Nexus 5 the other day, my bluetooth controls stopped working. Anything involving buttons no longer functions. My devices still connect without an issue, but I have to control everything using the phone now.

 

Anyone got any suggestions. Ideally, I'd like to avoid factory resetting my phone right away, so other suggestions to try first would be appreciated.

 

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
bbetnar
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Re: Problems with Bluetooth on Android 4.4.3 LG Nexus 5

Alright, I got it working for now. We'll see how it holds out. Here's what I had to do before it would work.

Step 1 - Unpair all involved devices. In my case this was my phone, my stereo, and my bluetooth earbuds. By Unpair, I mean delete them from the pairing list on every device, not just have them disconnected.

Step 2 - Factory Reset all involved devices. Every single one.

Step 3 - Re-pair, re-connect, and all good to go.

 

Of note; doing a factory reset on only the phone did not help. All devices had to be reset. Not entirely sure why at this point. 

View solution in original post


All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 32,103

Re: Problems with Bluetooth on Android 4.4.3 LG Nexus 5

Hello bbetnar


There isn't much you can do before doing a factory reset on the device. Try that and see what happens. Sometime when doing a update on a device, some things will stop working and then once a factory reset happens, will fix them again.
bbetnar
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Re: Problems with Bluetooth on Android 4.4.3 LG Nexus 5

Alright, I got it working for now. We'll see how it holds out. Here's what I had to do before it would work.

Step 1 - Unpair all involved devices. In my case this was my phone, my stereo, and my bluetooth earbuds. By Unpair, I mean delete them from the pairing list on every device, not just have them disconnected.

Step 2 - Factory Reset all involved devices. Every single one.

Step 3 - Re-pair, re-connect, and all good to go.

 

Of note; doing a factory reset on only the phone did not help. All devices had to be reset. Not entirely sure why at this point. 

View solution in original post