Problems getting promo plan setup correctly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Problems getting promo plan setup correctly

I am having trouble resolving an issue with adding 3 new lines to a share everything plan that was on promo until the end of September. I am told the sales rep did not setup the plan correctly back in Sept and now that the promo has expired Rogers "can't" do anything. So I'm left with 3 new Galaxy S4 phones (2 have already been used) and 2 lines that could be ported over from MTS at any time now (3rd line we held back, unsure about keeping 3rd new phone) and the only option Rogers is giving me is to return the phones under "buyers remorse". I don't want to return them, I want the plan I signed up for. As far as I understand, the only problem is the 6GB plan I was supposed to get is now $20 more per month than the promo in Sept. My account has all the notes in there from the various calls I've made, including the original sales calls but it's "impossible" for them to doing "anything". I am getting quite frustrated with this....

Here's my perspective, I get a sales call from Rogers with promo offers, I sign up and in the process plan to transfer 3 lines from a competitor, their people mess it up, and now I'm left holding the bag with a messed up account. Can I un-port my MTS lines? Any advice? Customer Relations is not being helpful, I guess this promo was too good to be true and Rogers does not want more business.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Problems getting promo plan setup correctly

Its pretty much a SYSTEM limitation.. the system will not allow them to just apply the old plan... its locked out.. even to a retentions person.

Best you could do, is deal with retentions, and try to have them give you some DIFFERENT promo or discount, which may be equivelent or close..

I've Been Here Awhile

That's what I asked them to do. Give me the whatever 6GB plan they have, and discount it until it's right. That does not seem complicated to me. It's excatly what they had to do when I first switched to Rogers. They messed it up then and fixed it then.

I've Been Here Awhile

So I got my issue escalated to a manager, and he called me back in just less than 24 hours. He was able to resolve all my plan pricing issues to my satisfaction. We'll see what this monthly bill looks like but it's supposed to be fixed now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, that will be the bigest thing.. check the bill to make sure its actually all worked out.. 

May require a call in just for confirmation on how its done, depending on how they did it.. as some plans/discounts, are a little confusing.. as they have to charge the full price.. but then it lists a discount somewhere else.

(i have called in a few times, just to make sure im reading it correctly)

Good to hear, they hopefully have it all resolved.