Problem with Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Problem with Anyplace TV Home Edition

Or perhaps move to Bell. I have heard great things about Fibe. And their app isn't a paid one either if I am not mistaken.
I Plan to Stick Around

No bell from me, i took out frommy list long time ago, never with bell
I'm a Senior Advisor

@flomar wrote:

@Honcho wrote:
So what do I do? Is there any specific phone or department that I should refer to for the inaccessible anyplace tv? Seriously, this is beyond frustrating. And lastly, am I the only person facing this?

Everyone faced the problem now and then, as long as we don't pay for the app it is obvious we cannot request nothing. Just deal with frustration of the situation. Good luck!

That about sums it up. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

For me, the web app using Firefox seems to work probably half the time. Lately, I get an error if I try to use it while I'm signed into the Forum.

I also have it on two Android tablets. It works on the oldest one, a Kobo Vox running Android version 2.3.4, but that device is so slow that it's useless as anything much more than an e-reader. My $35 Android backup tablet with version 4.4.2 works some of the time, giving a login error other times even though I retype the password. Right now it's working, but when I tap a show in the Guide, the screen just dims and I don'tget a dialog box to schedule the show. So it's only good as a Guide.

I also have it on my LG E410B smartphone, Android version 4.1.2, but I'm unable to sign in since I changed my password because after a failed attempt the sign-in screen has the password field covered by text that says "Don't have a My Rogers profile yet? Register now", so that's useless now.

On Rogers, anything to do with software is a bit dicey and not very reliable, I'm afraid.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I use an iPad (app) and a Mac Mini with FireFox (AnyPlace Web - Manage PVR) and I guess I've been luckier than most.  This year I've been able to use AnyPlace 95+% of the time.  If I can't get in, I usually just try later in the day and it's back up.  I use it every day, but I usually try not to use it at peak times like lunch or prime time.

There have been issues that lasted longer than a couple of hours - list below:

- Two day outage in July 2016

- Issue with not being able to use AnyPlace Web for months when Rogers removed the link when they rearranged their website (starting 2015-04)

- Incomptatibility Issue with iOS 9 for months (Late 2015 to early 2016)

- Incompatibility Issue with Android 5 for months (Early 2015?).

Warning: always check here before upgrading your OS on Tablet or Phone.

Tips:  If Manage PVR is not working or the Icon is missing, log out of your account and log back in.  As mentioned by @OLDYELLR above, do not try to use Manage PVR when also logged into this forum, or MyRogers.  Use only one Rogers access point at a time.

I'm Here A Lot

The only thing important for me is the Live TV channel remote function in the android/ios app. I can't seem to find any browser alternative to that function. When the anyplace tv app works, I can just look up a channel and touch it, which will then change the chaneel in the set top box. I have a netbox 3. Is there any alternative?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Honcho:

Perhaps you may wish to consider the "new" Rogers RF remote for your line-of-sight issue?  The RF remote has some advantages and some disadvantages compared with the IR remotes - check out the thread on the RF remote in this forum. 

As a Rogers Cable TV customer, Rogers will exchange the remotes, but you may wish to hang onto your IR remote - Rogers will usually let you do that - check with your Rogers store.

I'm Here A Lot

Already have an rf remote, but it seems to only work when pointed to the box without any obstructions. I will check the forum to see if I am doing something wrong.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Honcho:

The RF remote needs to be paired properly with the 9865 and it should then work "through walls".  See:

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

The RF remote thread is below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RAPTV iPad App and AnyPlace Web have been down for me since about 10AM...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

App and Web are both working for me again. It's about 11PM.