Problem with Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Problem with Anyplace TV Home Edition

The Anyplace TV Home Edition Edition app was working fine untill today. My 2 boxes (a Nextbox 3.0 and a Nextbox standalone box) were showing up as Living Room and Bedroom. The PVR on the Nextbox was accessible showing 1% Full.

Now both boxes show up as [Unavailable] and the Nextbox shows -1% Full. Neither box will respond and I get a General_failure error on the PVR tab.

Anyone know how to fix this?

***Edited labels***

I'm an Advisor

Re: Problem with Anyplace TV Home Edition

ddn2003:

This happens to me all the time on an iPhone with iOS 7.0.3 with an 8300HD PVR and it used to happen with a Nextbox 3 that I returned. This app has never worked 100%. It eventually starts working, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. Sometimes, rebooting the box fixes it. I just tried it after reading your post and I got PVR unavailable, plus the general failure error message.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I attempted to try this when it was introduced and found it didn't work with my tablet (Kobo Vox) and it appeqars Rogers has no plans to make it work. Seems to me it's a useless app if it's restricted to just a few popular devices.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As the others have said it seems to to up and down of working and not Smiley Sad

I used it fri and yesterday fine. But getting the same errors as above. So likely a global issue at the moment.

I'm an Advisor

I tried it one day after posting in this thread and everything worked fine on my 8300. Go figure.

I Plan to Stick Around

Here we go again!!!!

I rely on my iPad and iPhone to control my Netboxes with the RATV Home Edition App. Once again, as soooooooo many times before, IT HASN'T worked since last week. I have had enough of the lousy Rogers service. They are experts at drowning you in sales promotions but can't operate their systems they charge a lot of money for to use, EXCEPT THEIR SYSTEMS ARE EXTREMELY UNRELIABLE. The apparent technical incompetance of their staff is mind blowing. My neighbour has Bell Fibe and he is laughing his head off and enjoying my frustration with Rogers. "Switch to Bell" is his advice!!!!   

I'm a Senior Advisor

Since this isn't really a question, I should keep out of it, but what the heck.

Any technology that relies on a network is going to have some inherent reliability issues, especially an app with possibly tens of thousands of users.

Much like the PVR is NOT intended as a long term storage device (and posts here from people ignoring that warning are numerous), the App was never marketed as or intended to be a remote control replacement. You rely on it at your peril.

If you want to 'rely' on something, then use the traditional IR remote.

Anyway, switch to Bell if you must, but message boards are flooded with complaints about Fibe too.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have been using the app all week without an issue.. so i dont think the system is necessarily down/not working for it.

What exact issue are you having with it?  Will it not load at all? or once its in there will it not communicate with the box.

The software requires a good 2 way communication with the boxes themselves, and any sort of signal issue in the house could cause problems with the software talking.

I know if my hosue, i have 1 PVR and 2 HD boxes.  The HD box in the bedroom, where the signal is the poorest in all the house (old wiring), takes longer to connect to when the app opens, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your "cogent" advice. Needless to say, it's as useful as are the Rogers technical geniuses.

If I was able to use the regular PVR remote to control the PVR from several rooms away I wouldn't have an issue.

Do you know how to communicate to Rogers that the Home Ediiton App is not working?? If your suggestion is to talking to one of their "technical experts" save your breath. Rogers doesn't have any!!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you havent explained (at least to us) what exact problem your having.

"its not working"

doent explain HOW its not working.  As there are many points of where the issue could be (as per my explanation above)