Problem printing from Rogers Yahoo! Web-mail in IE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Problem printing from Rogers Yahoo! Web-mail in IE

I cannot get messages to print in IE8 from Rogers Yahoo! Web-mail.  They DO print in Chrome, but for the moment I am using IE8 in Win7.  When I go to Actions|Print Message... I get a blank pop-up, instead of the pop-up with the message in it to be printed.  I HAVE allowed pop-ups from .mail.yahoo,com .  There is also a child window that says Print Failed.  The printer is an HP-2040 that works fine (messages print in Chrome, after all.) 

On another computer with WinXP using Rogers Yahoo! Web-mail, I have seen the Print Failed message, but the proper pop-up including the message also opens.  Here I just get the about:blank pop-up.

Any solutions.  Rogers Live Chat didn't have one, other than the Chrome trial.

***edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Problem printing from Rogers Yahoo! Web-mail in IE

You may wanna uninstall then re-install IE. I found that when having 2 many browsers crap happens and more errors occur. I used to have like 5 different browsers and errors used to happen all the time. Now down to 3 and very rarely get errors. You may wanna uninstall and re-install the print software too. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have IE10 and have no problems printing from the Rogers Webmail. Perhaps try upgrading.

I have also read that others have had similar issues using IE8 with Windows 7 and one solution that has worked for some is to disable the protected mode found under Internet Options in the Security tab.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is a brand new install, so there is nothing to reload!  Everything is up to date!  And shutting off computer security did not change the problem.

I have moved up to IE9 to see if its improved tab handling would help, with no success.  The second window does open, but the message is NOT there to print.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It comes up here fine as well.. win 7, IE10.

Its got to be SOMETHING specific to that PC.. question is WHAT is blocking it... or what is missing for it to display it.. i dont thing java/flash are needed..

I've Been Here Awhile

I am in the process of Googling an answer, and have determined others are having similar issues.  I believe I noted that there is a similar glitch in the computer at work.  But there the pop-up window DOES have the message in it.  But the Print Failed warning ALSO appears.  The problem seems to be within Yahoo's web software.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which unfortunately might leave it in a LIMBO state for getting support.

You try to contact rogers.. they are LIMITED in what they can do.. they cant access, effect, etc that part of the yahoo system. (only basic account creation, on that level, etc).  Its a yahoo page issue.

Try to contact yahoo on it.. since your a ROGERs customer, they tell you to **bleep** off and talk to rogers 😞