Price Increase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Price Increase

We are only other users here.. so all we can do is offer sugestions really 😞

Really only with CELLULAR, is your pricing 100% locked in.  An $80 is that much, you grandfather it out, it will continue that way.

Any other services like home phone, tv, internet, can be subject to change. (regular price increases, etc).

Not sure how you signed up (via phone, or at a store, etc), but looks like that rep had some BAD service.. and didnt not inform you correctly.

Many times, with NEW customers, there is introductory pricing.  It could be 6 months at 1/2 the regular rate... then it goes up to normal.  Could be a free HD box rental for a year, then you have to start paying afterwards.

This goes for ALL the companies.. they usually are ALL like that.
Whenever you sign up with ANY of them.. always ask to SEE the terms on paper (or them show you a link, send an email, etc) as to what they are.. to see when/if they end.

Best think i can sugest at the moment.. is... if you have facebook or Twitter..  contact the social media team, they can maybe delve a bit deeper, or see what can be done.
https://www.facebook.com/Rogers
twitter: @rogershelps

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Mine went up 6 bucks with no notice yet .. how pathetic .. maybe they don't know how to use a computer to inform customers ..

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Rumour has it, at least according to another forum, that rogers will be increasing prices on all grandfathered plans. This would include all internet plans such as express, extreme, the hybrid fibre plans and the older Ignite plans (not the revised Ignite plans now shown online). It would also include all of the  grandfathered cable plans such as digital basic, plus, and VIP. All of these plans will apparently go up by $5.00 per month effective April 24, 2017. Can anyone from rogers shed more light on this? Sounds like one heck of a price increase to me!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Considering prices seem to be increased twice a year that would seem to be a bit of overkill.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Price increases on each portion of your bill only happen once a year. For example, Cable TV may go up in February and Internet may go up in June, but on each portion of the bill it's only once a year. However, the increases are often in excess of inflation.

I've managed to keep my overall bill down through strong negotiations every couple of years and by agreeing to a two year "contract".  I also have 4 services with Rogers, which helps in the overall bundle and typically gives me the leverage to negotiate. The discussions every two years are always cordial, but firm.  If a major issue affects the services, I also always ask for compensation.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I only have Rogers Cable and I've seen it go up twice a year. Yesterday I got a letter my Cable was going up $5. For me that's about 6%, more than twice the rate of inflation, which is unconscionable gouging.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR 6 months ago they changed all the TV plans and gave us popular for the same price as VIP. But VIP had MUCH MUCH more channels, yet they gave us less and charged the same. Then two weeks they changed the Internet Plans so we pay the same/more and once again are getting less. I miss Guy Laurence, he was putting the company in the right direction when he was running the show. The problem is the Big 3 are all increasing prices and follow each other.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@gp-se I have VIP and I'm shocked at the cost of the new packages with a lot fewer channels.  I have an upper limit of $100 for cable and once the increases break that ceiling I'll be seriously looking for an economical alternative. I record some 20 shows a week plus non-stick-and-ball sporting events like F1, Indycar and NASCAR road racing and cycling classics.  Maybe I can get all that with an Android box, I don't know.  And most of the series I watch can be downloaded as torrents and watched on my smart TV. There are lots of options. If Rogers gets too greedy, I'll be gone.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

In my own researching, on my account, as well as the submissions to the CRTC, Rogers is very determined to get us all onto a uniform pricing plan across the whole market base - the rationalle makes sense because there are so many different packages, it is becoming impossible for them to manage without errors, and customers are completely lost.

I am hoping that on the Home bundling side - of things they may consider how they are offering incentives to move to the new plans, but negatively impact your price points and services, eliminating many loyalty discounts, etc.

There is amove also to remove all historic things like Better Choic Bundles (you know those of us who said from day one that the Loyalty card was not worth it and eventually it died due to lack of use).

But for those of us on old packages, I have been in touch with retentions, because I will not pay the prices they are asking for the current bundle options - My VIP had lots of stuff I never used, but important features like free DAT 50 adapter, gateways with dual band - not available on 30 plan, 2.4 only, and a few others, and channel mixes that do nothing for me if I decide to go to the starter package (you can bundle on them now at least).

So, take a look at your package when the changes come, or your current contract runs out, and decide, just what do you want and what are you willing to pay and negotiate firmly and politely to see if they will meet your needs/price points.  If not, there are all sort of alternatives around in the 3rd party solutions - OTT solutions, digital antennas, and if you own your box, maybe a starter package with no other services, get them elsewhere, or just live with less - but for me, if I have to live for less to get an adequate pricepoint, and lose features I absolutely need, I am gone, gone, gone.

I already know what they are changing my plan to in November (the prices are fixed, so I don't get the price increases right now, but can even keep my old package - at market prices - almost 30% increase and no discounts anymore. 

I think @OLDYELLR, you and I have the same upper limit on Cable - my is a bit lower.  In the attempt for the industry to basically not compete anymore - they are all three or four packages - Rogers trying to elimiate any legacy discounts, they are just on the edge of us moving on.

It is ok, it has been a long ride and my lifestyle is changing.

Bruce