Price Increase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Price Increase

Hello Gdkitty

That is correct. Here are the Internet, Home phone ( Cable already posted last page)  prices.

Cable pricing :

Pricing effective March 24, 2014

Digital Basic: $39.68/month   -    ( $38.67 Right now)
Digital Plus: $62.30/month     -   ( $60.29 right now)
Extra Sports: $75.35/month    - ( $73.34 right now)
Extra Lifestyle: $75.35/month     -    ( $73.34 right now)
Extra Plus: $75.35/month        -  ( $73.34 right now)
VIP: $75.35/month                    -   ( $73.34 right now)
HDVIP: $85.35/month              -   ( $83.34 right now)
VIP Ultimate with TMN: $117.54/month    -    ( $115.53 right now)

Internet prices:

Ultimate $127.49     - ( 125.99 right now)
Extreme Plus $79.49     - ( $77.99 /month right now)
Extreme $69.49      - ( $67.99 /month right now )
Express $56.49          - ( $54.99 /month right now)
Lite $45.99        - ( $44.49 /month right now)

Home Phone Prices:

Deluxe $49.41           - ( $47.91 right now)
Favourites $44.41     - ( $42.91 right now)
Essentials $34.41     - ( $32.91 right now

Those are all the changes for Cable, Internet & Home Phone. $1-$2 each.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm just looking at the mail I received from Rogers yesterday. It's a lot of self-promotional stuff, plus a table of the rate increases to be effective March 24. Looks like about 70 different packages, without counting them. The average increase appears to be about 2% to 3%, similar to the inflation rate, which seems reasonable (unless you're on a fixed income not geared to inflation).

Anyway, in all the listings, I can't see an amount exactly equal to what I'm paying now.

I'm now paying:

Digital VIP Cable * 69.99
4 Digital Adapter 0.00
Digital Services Fee 2.99
HDTV Channel Pak 0.00
Total before taxes: $72.98

*Your Plan includes:
- Extended Basic
- Extra Outlets
- VIP Extra Pack

The closest I can see in the mailing is:

Digital VIP, $73.34 to go up to $75.35.

The letter also says "If you are currently enjoying a promotion that offers you a fixed promotional rate, it will remain in effect during the promotinal period." but I'm not aware of having anything like that for years.

I suppose I could call Rogers and ask exactly where my plan fits in, but besides the hassle of phoning and talking to a number of reps who don't know the answer, I don't want to take the chance of being charged more than I'm now paying. I also think that Rogers keeps changing and re-naming the various plans constantly so you can never compare apples to apples.

Anyway, I thought I'd bring this up to see if anyone else is as confused with the published rates as I am.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I THINK you are on a grandfathered, but equivalent plan to the new digital VIP plan. (The new one includes the digital fee price in it)

What the actual new price is, is the question. Would assume about $2 increase one way or the other, it seems.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Probably something grandfathered. I've never been one to keep constantly changing to whatever the newest package is. My first plan after basic analog cable was called Classic Combo. I had that for so long that nobody at Rogers could tell me what channels I was actually supposed to get after it was obsolete. When I got a free promotional 8300SD over 5 years ago, I was upgraded to Digital VIP for an extra $10 a month. I think all the time I was out of phase with Rogers' current offerings.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

TV/Internet bill increase?

I noticed my bill this month is $2.95 more than usual for TV/internet service? I haven’t changed or ordered anything?  Anyone else notice the increase?

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: TV/Internet bill increase?

Hello 1000RR

Yes many got a mail statement saying this in January and February. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV/Internet bill increase?

I beleive, it was also posted, on the notification notes part of your bill (the text that is often after the payment part).. on the previous bill.

There is a minor increase to Internet, TV and home phone.
The current bill, should have a listing, again in the notes, of the exact increase amount you are paying (varries based on what internet level, tv package, etc you are on.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't you know that pricing is proportional to garbage television.

I just noticed that $2 increase.

Why is it always $1 or $2...haven't they heard of pennies.

Increases could be $0.65. Duhhh Rogers!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

By the way Rogers pricing increases are not 2 to 3% per year as stated in a post above.

Any 5 year period, I have seen 32% give or take a percent. Thats about 6% a year.

And inflation is about 0.9%, at least according to my pension increase.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I got internet and land line connections with Rogers in Jan 2014. At that time, I was told that the price for which I got the connection would remain the same however, this month I saw an increase of $10 in the bill. After contacting Rogers, I found that the price is subject to even further increase (in total increase of $34). I also came to know that the price that was offered to me was for limited period of time which is contrary to what I was told. The customer services refused to do anything about it and I am really not happy.

Further, for past few months, I am facing service issues as internet freezes and I have to restart router almost every week. Despite of many complains, the problem has still not been resolved but it was only due to good price I stayed with Rogers.

Any help?

Regards

R-Ali