Price Increase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Price Increase

My internet bill was increased without my consent

I subscribed for Rogers home internet on a promotion for about 67$/m for a year and told me my bill won't increase for a year and then after few months they were charging me 78$/m. I called to see what's going on and they said we increased for all customers so can't help you. I felt like they lied to me from the beginning or how they can increase bill with my consent.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing I always make sure to do with any thing like that, is to make sure that you get a copy of the contract.  You can ask to have it emailed to you at the time of the plan change.  
It will state if its a GUARANTEED price, or say a guaranteed discount..

That can be where the issue comes in.

It could be a say 25% off of the regular retail = X$
So if the base price of internet goes up (for everyone), they are still giving you %25 off, your still getting the same discount.

I am not saying this is RIGHT.
They, and many other companies seem to do it 😞

I would call back and ask to talk to a manager/supervisor.. for them to look more into your original contract, etc.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It's very difficult to talk to them on the phone, they pretend there is nothing they can do. I was on hold for a LONG time as well. It would be nice if we could trust companies like Rogers and could enjoy the services as they promises.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Like clockwork, another quarter, another price increase

3$ in October, 4$ starting April 27.
Buh-bye Rogers, now I remember why I stopped being a customer for 20 years.