Prepaid plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Prepaid plan

@barndoor wrote:

Does the "basic" pay as you go  by the minute plan exist for new customers  any more ?

Yes it does, but it's not promoted or explained anywhere. I have use Google and all I can find is

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/activating-and-topping-up-pay-as-you-go

and how to top up https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_topup?asc_icid=prepaid_badge_topup#,Tabse...

Maybe Rogers is hiding the plan because the new offerings are more lucrative. If someone wants to switch to this plan, I would suggest calling PayGo at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

If the plan is indeed no longer available, I would highly recommend dumping Rogers PayGo and switching to 7-11 Speakout. Not only is it cheaper, but all amounts are good for a whole year, not just the $100 amount. Remember, Rogers now has to unlock your phone for free, so you don't even have to get a new phone.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Surely @RogersMaude  would come  back and update the information from a Rogers perspective as it applies to  this discussion .  Smiley Wink

Highlighted

@OLDYELLR wrote:
If the plan is indeed no longer available, I would highly recommend dumping Rogers PayGo and switching to 7-11 Speakout. Not only is it cheaper, but all amounts are good for a whole year, not just the $100 amount. Remember, Rogers now has to unlock your phone for free, so you don't even have to get a new phone.

Well, I just called in ...the Talk Anytme Pay as You Go plan is no longer available to new customers , according to the CSR.  $10 monthly  is now the base plan .

You can still buy the $100 top up  it will just only last ten months  max.  now.

Better hang on tight to what you have now  @OLDYELLR

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

Well, I just called in ...the Talk Anytme Pay as You Go plan is no longer available to new customers , according to the CSR.  $10 monthly  is now the base plan .

You can still buy the $100 top up  it will just only last ten months  max.  now.

Better hang on tight to what you have now  @OLDYELLR

Interesting. Back in September, when my year was about to expire and I had a balance of about $177 if I recall, I renewed for another year by adding $100.  I could have phoned in and renewed by taking $100 from the balance, which I usually do in such a case, but wasn't thinking.  I'm not a frequent cellphone user, so I'll see what happens next September.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

Yes ... I find the whole grandfathering  issue a little baffling .  In cases like some of these  paygo situations  they seem to go on and on, but over in the contract section  it seemed like  as soon as there was a  "computer glitch"  they could change the conditions and you could loose a grandfathered deal . Maybe here at paygo they are just happy to have us as customers  and don't get into the marketing games  they do elsewhere .   Regardless of the whys  ...if you have an old talk anytime type paygo  plan you like , surely don't be cancelling it for any reason   because you won't be getting it back. Smiley LOL