Prepaid plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Prepaid plan

I am on Talk All Day plan, being charge $0.50 per minute. Wondering if there is any reason why $0.45 per minute is being advertised as the Talk Anytime plan on the website.  

Also, can I disable the texting feature all together? Rogers doesn't care because it makes more money with the spam, but come on, show some love to your customers.

Is Rogers giving up on the prepaid business? find little value for the money. Maybe time to look for other options. 

Thanks all for reading!

*Edited Labels*

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Prepaid plan

There's a fee every time you use prepaid to talk on certain hours of the day and week. You can live chat or wait for an admin to give you full details.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I don't think you can use the live chat with the prepaid plan (see what I mean by not feeling the love? lol) If anyone is like me who only uses the phone occasionally, I think Telus's Talk & and Text 100 is a much better deal. 

And what is up with the partially French page when viewing my account sutff, it has been many years now and they still didn't get around to fix it. 

Well, good luck everyone! 🙂 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes  Weis  ... Rogers seems to want to give the nerds that consider there phones essential  a good deal and those of us that just want them as a tool to be used occaisionally seem to have to pay more.  Smiley LOL

Look at the air time comparison ... if you need extra above the plan(Telus puts way more air time in the plan to start as well)  Rogers wants 3 TIMES as much PER  MINUTE.

Texts cost the same for extra. 

Yup .... sure feelin the luv there .  Smiley LOL 

Highlighted

@weis wrote:

I am on Talk All Day plan, being charge $0.50 per minute. Wondering if there is any reason why $0.45 per minute is being advertised as the Talk Anytime plan on the website.  

I would wonder if you are making long distance calls  ... that would be  $.50 a minute and from what I recall they won't tell you the call is long distance .  

As far as the spam  ... iirc  others have complained and if you take the ten minutes it takes to call Rogers and talk to someone they should reimburse you for the spam texts.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The cheapest Rogers non-Prepaid is $20-30 and it's worth it adding on infinite texting or whatever you need rather than everything you don't at a high price people are using because they want data.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thinking about it more, it may be that I am on a 0.50 first five mins and 0.25 afterwards plan (used to be 0.25/0.15 when I signed up). No long distance call. Strange though my wife's prepaid is still 0.35/0.15. Come on, Rogers, get it together and at least be consistent. 

Regardless, I just went to a Telus store and got the talk and text 100 pre-paid plan.  A few mins at the store (phone is already unlocked) plus a few more minutes online transferring the number, and now I am done with Rogers prepaid, wish I had done it a lot sooner though, would have saved me a few cases of beer.

+ 400 mins and 400 text come with the one year plan. 400 text should be enough to cover all the spams. 🙂 

+ 0.15 additional minute (Rogers @ 0.45) and 0.30 additional text  (same as rogers)

+ I think all the misc fees (~$1 a month) are already included in the plan. 

I am glad I finally had enough and started finding a better plan, instead of forking over another $100. 

I have to give it to Rogers for not deleting my post though. 🙂 Hope it helps someone. 

Cheers! 

Highlighted

Yes ... changing  to a different provider even just one account seems to set off a whole array of satisfaction endorphins ... especially when it goes well after dealing with Rogers nonsense. I switched one to Petro Canada's prepaid "text a lot plan"  ...  100 canada wide minutes  and unlimited texting for $16.25 a month. .... Yeh... no more unpredictable long distance on the bill 

@weis rather than delete your post  maybe they need to hand it up the management ladder as a sign they need to up their game a little bit for this segment of their customers.   Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Hello, @barndoor

Thank you for your participation in the Community, we read every post and routinely forward the feedback to the respective teams for the review. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

$15 Payasyougo plan

I am wonder if I have the $15/month PayAsYouGo plan, do I need to add money in order to make any call?  I have been using $10/month plan and it seems to me $0.45 cents were deducted from my $10 for every minute call I made.  So every month, I have 22 minutes of call time ($10/0.45).  Is this correct or am I mistaken?   The $15/month plan with $0.35/per minute, I have 42 minutes of call time ($15/0.35) per month.  Can someone perhaps tell me if I am right or not?