Prepaid Rocket stick keeps wanting to activate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Prepaid Rocket stick keeps wanting to activate

Nokia Rocket stick setup appears to be simple. 

1. Open box,

2. Place stick in USB port

3. Let software install.

I did manage to purchase $100 set of data for 3 months and yet each time I turn on the Rocekt Stick I now seem to be connected to Rogers "Activate Rocket stick" page.   and can't get anywhwere else...  This is way more complicated than it should be.  ANyone else have trouble with the prepaid version.?

***Edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Prepaid Rocket stick keeps wanting to activate

Yes, same problem for me. I bought a Nokia stick and was able to access after I found out they didn't do something correctly at the store. It later stopped working. So I gave up and bought another rocket stick, thinking the first one was broken. I've now been to 3 stores and spent hours on the phone with Rogers, no one can figure out why it won't work and it has been opened as a 'case,' presumably someone will now call me back. If it's not resolved in a few days, I'll just return the stick, and try and find another company. I believe the problem is around the prepaid issue...that seems to cause confusion whenever the fact that it's a prepaid stick is brought into the discussion. I think there is some kind of code put on the account that causes problems with accessing the network.

I've Been Around

when I log on to my rocket stick I have trouble keeping it on, goes off even when showing strong signal, what is the problem, thinking that I will change to someone else if We can't resolve the situation ??????? Please answer !!!

I've Been Here Awhile

In the end, no one at Rogers tech support was able to help me, even upon opening a case. So I returned the new rocket stick I'd bought and threw out the one I'd had previously that I thought had technical difficulties, but now know was probably fine. I am pretty sure the prepaid rocket sticks do not work or there is some kind of serious technical issue preventing them from doing so. I am going to try to find something similar somewhere else. Good luck!