Pre-order the Lumia 920

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Pre-order the Lumia 920

No one knows at this point. We all have to wait & see if they will announce if it will unlocked at the Microsoft store OR locked to Rogers.
I'm Here A Lot

I got mine last night at the only Rogers Plus in Milton. They got 3 in, and I took the second. The guy in front of me actually wanted one too, but the Rogers employee told him that the specific phones they had weren't the reserved devices, so if he wanted one of those, he wouldn't get the $40 deposit back. He didn't like that, so I assume he's taking that up with the Rogers people on the phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello NapaimFrog

That actually is a lie the rep said. You will get the $40 reservation fee back once you cancel OR the phone ships. This is why reps lie & do not want to give out their own stock & make you wait. I should know, i have gone threw this many times on the reservations threw Rogers.

The fee is a refundable fee. Rogers will not keep it at all.
I Plan to Stick Around

From the looks of the WPcentral forums, buying direct from the MS store is still locked to AT&T so we can likely expect the same here with the new store at Yorkdale. However, one user is reporting that the #code to try to bring up the unlock screen isn't coming up for his, but has yet to try with a tmobile sim. 

So, expect locked, but chance of not (until the phone has been out longer, we can't confirm either way). 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

99% chances it will be locked to Rogers even if you buy it from Microsoft. This is because Rogers rather sell locked phones instead of unlocked ones. Yea the unlocked code does not come up. I read a few others tried the same & yet never was able too.

We will find out on Nov 16th if Microsoft will sell them unlocked outright or locked.
I Plan to Stick Around

My friend just got one at Pacific Mall, kennedy & steel
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok so for you all montrealers, shipments came in yesterday late afternoon, most of the store are out of stock (they each had about 5-7 units), but there was 2 units left at this store on St-Denis (Rogers Authorized Dealer - Groupe NCMS
4455 rue St-Denis Montreal, QC H2J 2L2).

I hope you can get your hands on one!

I Plan to Stick Around

Got mine at Rogers today in Calgary. I caved and got black since I couldn't wait. Beautiful phone, love it. The Rogers I went was pretty good, they were knowledgeable and had phones on display as well as ads.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'll be honest, I might cave for black too based on matte vs glossy and knowing how bad my hands are for being constantly greasy...I'll see when I get my hands on the phone (literally). The grey and possibly cyan (if not limited to at&t) are also matte, so I'll see. I might just suck it up for glossy as well (I hear the white and red aren't as bad as the black for fingerprints).

Also sounds better than the rogers store I went to last night...no units, quite pushy and tried to sell me a S3 as one of the best phones on the market until I pulled out and unlocked my Focus...
I Plan to Stick Around

Any Winnipeg updates?

i checked the store in portage place, and they still don't have stock and/or dummy phones out.