Pre-order the Lumia 920

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Pre-order the Lumia 920

While I see that SOME people have received their "reserved" phone... the majority of them seem to have been sent out to stores and available to the general public.  This is why I am complaining. 

They even LIE on their own website announcing the limited release...saying they sent it to customers who reserved when in fact they sent them to stores which sold them directly. 

"We were able to ship a limited supply of Nokia Lumia 920 smartphones in black to some customers who reserved a device using the Rogers Reservation System today. These customers will be the first in Canada to have a Windows Phone 8 smartphone. We’ll be shipping more devices in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to RedBoard and @RogersBuzz for updates."

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ATT they release the wp today, also open the pre-order, the most important thing is that there r many colors can select, and the price only $449....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Froid wrote: They even LIE on their own website announcing the limited release...saying they sent it to customers who reserved when in fact they sent them to stores which sold them directly. 

"We were able to ship a limited supply of Nokia Lumia 920 smartphones in black to some customers who reserved a device using the Rogers Reservation System today. These customers will be the first in Canada to have a Windows Phone 8 smartphone. We’ll be shipping more devices in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to RedBoard and @RogersBuzz for updates."

I'm in agreement with Froid, saw some other press releases with the same comment about people who rerserved getting it first. Had a number of stores past couple of weeks that stated if you want to get it first go online and reserve it. If you ask Rogers, they will say it's not a pre-order system. Reservation is pretty much just a sham, something invented for the iPhone release to keep people from calling their customer service lines.

They could have sent their entire stock to people who reserved. Don't think anyone would have been complaining if they sent to all rservations and ran out before completing them. Instead they sent a bunch to stores in hopes of getting new sign ons. That pretty much translates to we have your business so screw you we want new people....

On another note, think other people are right, we probably won't see it until after the official release next week. Saw this post on Twitter from Rogers, wouldn't be surprised if we are waiting even longer than the AT&T release to get them. Of course if their next shipment doesn't have enough for all reservations and stores, they'll probably do the same thing leaving other people waiting unless they abandoned reservation and fight for them in the store.

Ballack_YING ‏@Ballack_YING
@RogersNicolas Do you have the list of "selected stores" which will receive the Lumia 920?

4 Nov  Chris @ Rogers ‏@Rogers_Chris
@Ballack_YING  Hi, you'll have trouble finding them now, I believe they're sold out. We'll be shipping more devices in the coming weeks.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Isn't next Monday a holiday in Canada?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@AggieU wrote:

Not in ON, QC

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@EG8196 wrote:
@AggieU wrote:

Not in ON, QC

Unless you work for the government or a bank Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

That is right. It is not holiday, my bad. Is it rumored that Rogers will launch Lumia 920 then?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@AggieU wrote:
That is right. It is not holiday, my bad. Is it rumored that Rogers will launch Lumia 920 then?

That's what rogers rep told me

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Has anyone tested if Internet sharing is enabled?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone know that is it unlocked lumia 920 (the $599 version) work with other carriers‘s sim card? if those who already got their 920 can prove this, thx guys
I went to rogers shop today, and the rogers guy told me they dont sell any unlock phone...=_=