cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-order the Lumia 920

OvyOneKenObee
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone been able to successfully reserve a Lumia 920 online from the Rogers reservation system?

****Edited Labels****

329 REPLIES 329

Re: Pre-order the Lumia 920

EG8196
I Plan to Stick Around

@John555 wrote:

@EG8196 wrote:

None of the rogers plus stores in Ottawa have received additional units after 30/10

That's because Rogers hasn't recieved anymore since 30/10. The Reservation Queue hasn't moved since the first day.

actually my position has moved.

It was 311 on Wed, now it is 302

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

@kw1 wrote:

Okay, via hotmail contacts I was able to add a pause to contact phone #'s. Smiley Happy

But the 920 will not allow me to save the same # (with a pause) to the voicemail setting. Smiley Mad

You are trying to store your voicemail password? That seems insecure.

kw1
I Plan to Stick Around

It is insecure technically, but I lock the phone. And in 10 years it has never been a problem. I don't really care about my voicemails anyway.

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around
Write the number elesewhere with the p (Bing search box, OneNote note, whatever) and copy it, then paste it into the voicemail box.

kw1
I Plan to Stick Around
Tried bing. No luck. I can paste, but when I save it by tapping outside the field it says were having trouble saving your vm # at the moment. Try again later.

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

For anyone looking for a solid colorful case to cover the kinda black bland (try saying that in a row) color, I found some nice hard rubberized colorful cases on ebay for $3.99, I might opt for a red, yellow and light blue one.

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

@villinvr6 wrote:

For anyone looking for a solid colorful case to cover the kinda black bland (try saying that in a row) color, I found some nice hard rubberized colorful cases on ebay for $3.99, I might opt for a red, yellow and light blue one.

Saw those ones, hard to tell if they are any good but for the price....If you get some post a review. I'm waiting to see if Nokia releases any official cases, found their Lumia 900 cases to be very good in terms of build quality.

Well one week down with no queue movement. Hopefully Rogers will get more next week and send them out to people who reserved in stead of **bleep** them agian....

kw1
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered a hard case off ebay for the phone. See how that goes....

RealtorTechGuy
I Plan to Stick Around
Kw1: if you are still have problems with saving the VM PW, at least in WP7, I did it this way: I went to VM settings, noted the number that is there. Opened a new txt msg, typed in the number, inserted a "p" and my VM PW, copied that string, went back to VM settings, edited the VM number and pasted. Voila, VM PW saved.

kw1
I Plan to Stick Around
thx for trying to help. I tried your suggestion realtortechguy. Still no luck though.

EG8196
I Plan to Stick Around

Crystal ball question

any additional units coming  this week? 

Froid
I Plan to Stick Around

At this rate I can get my cousin in Finland to mail me one (in yellow) and it will get here faster. 

Seriously...how can Rogers justify the position that they are serving people who have already paid them money AFTER the general public?  Another example of their customer service issues. 

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I haven't exactly paid money to Rogers yet for the Lumia. I'm not really counting the deposit since I'll most likely get that back before my next billing cycle.

But I really, really want to pay them for a Lumia. So make it happen Rogers!

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

Still haven't heard anything from Rogers yet. The tracking # that was emailed to me for my Lumia 920 showed that 3 packages arrived in Edmonton October 31st. You'd think they'd distibutye them to the appropriate Rogers stores and call their paying customers. Rogers really is terrible and letting me give them my money.

EG8196
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dos101 wrote:

Still haven't heard anything from Rogers yet. The tracking # that was emailed to me for my Lumia 920 showed that 3 packages arrived in Edmonton October 31st. You'd think they'd distibutye them to the appropriate Rogers stores and call their paying customers. Rogers really is terrible and letting me give them my money.

I thought you got your 920 already

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

Well no change in the reservation queue again today so still looks like they haven't recieved any stock.

Took a walk to the 3 Rogers stores near work just to see if Rogers got some stock and decided to screw reservations again. Stores didn't get anything and the hilarious thing is all three 3 stores said if you want to get one quick, go online and fill out the reservation because it will ensure you get it first when new stock comes in.....

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, I've been waiying for it. I've got the email stating it was shipped. I got the tracking number showing it's here in Edmonton, but I have yet to get a call from the Rogers store to pick it up.

Bertch
I'm Here A Lot

For those trying to save your voice mail password there is no need to do this.  If you call your voice mail and go to the password options you can have it auto log you in when calling from your device.  Rogers has had this feature since 1996 when I had my Motorola V557.

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

Is visual voicemail support my Rogers on WP8 now? I really miss that from my iPhone 4S 😞

Also, got the call my the Rogers store, my phone is FINALLY ready for me to pickup.

I've Been Around

i was about to pre order mine last week when i read online that they were sending out limited numbers so i went to the mall (polo park) here in winnipeg and sure enough they had two. this was last week oct 31. few ppl on the verge who are also from winnipeg got them the day before.

kind of a good thing that its not in such high demand yet that i was able to walk in and get one

however, i am having issues with my battery draining faster than it should be. the power level indicator seems to fluctuate as well. earlier when it was 40%, it said 5 hrs left. i went to check again when it was still at 40% but it went up to 9 hrs!

someone from the nokia forums stated the battery requires a dozen charging cycles before optimum performance. i sure hope they are right. other than that, dont believe the negative reviews on this phone. i despise ppl who wear skinny jeans, especially when they complain the phone doesnt fit in their pocket or that it "bulges out". when someone starts complaining about a phone's weight, that's a good sign that they need to get their health in check because they are simply too weak to handle a phone that weights 6.5 oz.

kw1
I Plan to Stick Around
Bertch,

Auto log on is an option only for those who pay for enhanced voicemail. I have basic voicemail and it does not have an auto log on option.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats