cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-order the Lumia 920

OvyOneKenObee
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone been able to successfully reserve a Lumia 920 online from the Rogers reservation system?

****Edited Labels****

329 REPLIES 329

Re: Pre-order the Lumia 920

JPSavard
I Plan to Stick Around

I am so anxious right now, status has been 'In Progress' since monday.

I was originally #9 in the Queue. 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
So i went out of my way to call each & every store in Toronto / Scarborough & North York. All Rogers Plus stores. None of them had them in stock & are still waiting for them. Most of the stores told me they are supposed to get them in sometime next week / in 2 weeks & only 2 stores told me that they should be getting them in Tomorrow.

I would not know what to believe but yea (n)

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers' (and Nokia's) communcation thus far has been terrible. It hardly seems like a launch at all lol.

Got an email this morning though that my device has shipped. Looked at the tracking number and it's already here in Edmonton, so it's probably at a warehouse. Waiting impatiently now to get a call from the Rogers Store. Will update when I know more.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
That is great news!:) I am happy you will get yours soon!!

I called back most of the stores with a different voice & asking them when the Lumia 920 will be in stock. Same exact answer. " We have none in stock & we have no idea when they will available for sell" I asked when do they think & this is the answer i got " WE have no idea but i would say either tomorrow or next week."

I called every single store & got those answers.

Nokia & Rogers are not really impressing me with this launch what so ever. What launch is this supposed to be without the stores having any phones & no one knows anything?

Crazy if you ask me.

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

Received mine laste night, I was #10 on the pre-order last month when it started. Amazing phone, OS and camera. By far a competitive phone IMO. However of course there are a few drawbacks, Instagram being one of them (I know it's a hipster program) however I am a big social networker and now I have to resort to twitter and FB for postings.

Another drawback is the awesome looking facebook app that was created by windows, looks beautiful, HOWEVER that's were it ends. There is no seperate facebook messenger app with pop-up notifications. This is frustrating because everytime there is a message from my groupchat, I would have to actually go into faceboon and click on the messenger tool to read it. Also with Facebook chat, you cannot post nor see other peoples pictures. Kind of a sad drawback as my group of 44 close friends like posting regular pictures from time to time on our group chat.

Overall, it has been an awesome experience so far, I know the OS is still brand new and that it has a long ways to grow, especially in terms of apps.

Great phone so far!! 

SCHUEY
I Plan to Stick Around

Glad you like the phone. Curious to hear how the battery life is, which has been critized in reviews. Usually battery performance will increase several charges in as well.

Have you tried using Facebook chat in the people Hub?

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
Battery has been pretty good so far, let's say 20% better than my Galaxy Nexus which was running Jellybean 4.1.2. I haven't had to go full to drain yet.

The people hub works great, ties in twitter, facebook and sms chats together. However, again, you cannot use the facebook chat messenger on this.

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, still "open" here.

This is beyond stupid. It seems the only point to the reservation system is to control iPhone madness. There is no other point to the reservation system if it doesn't mean those willing to put down a deposit don't get devices on/near launch date. Certainly not going to be doing this again.

My position in line has dropped 5 places since Monday, but I have a feeling it's not due to people getting their reservations done, but rather people going into stores and getting their devices then cancelling the reservation.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Entegy

Well the stores i called never got any stocks at all. Only 4 people got lucky & got the phone from what i heard.

It could be people are cancelling OR people actually got the phones & the numbers dropped. Remember, once your status goes IN PROGRESS, you will lose the number & the person after you gets your number & so on.

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

It's worth a try to call once in a while though. So far it seems only one Canadian has posted on the WP8 board with a Rogers Lumia and the others who are posting about the device are BUILD attendees.

EDIT: Looks like another Canadian in Winnipeg found a device in store.

creativeherb
I've Been Around

Question:  Anyone know if the $99 version will be unlocked as well? 

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello creativeherd

No the 3 year term price ( $99) will be locked to Rogers. If you wish to buy a unlocked one, you will need buy it from Microsoft or Nokia.

You can unlock the phone after you buy it tho.

EDIT - After reading threw some posts, it seems like a few people that own the Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 have said indeed it is unlocked & works on other carriers. None of them have confirmed if its true or not ( Screenshots or Videos) But i find it really odd that Nokia & Microsoft would do this.

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

@Entegy wrote:

My position in line has dropped 5 places since Monday, but I have a feeling it's not due to people getting their reservations done, but rather people going into stores and getting their devices then cancelling the reservation.

or just cancelling their orders because of the stuff. My place dropped one today, probably for the reason. Another day, another no stock on the device. Starting to look more and more like it may be a while before they get more stock.

**edited for content**

JPSavard
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok so I received my Lumia 920 today(Yay!), however I can't find a Skype feature in the phone or even the Skype application on the marketplace. 😞

NapalmFrog
I'm Here A Lot

I'm want the Lumia, but being eligible for a HUP, I'm not sure if I should reserve or wait. This is because I can't find anything that is relevant to doing both reservation and HUP at once. Any recommendations?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello NapalmFrog

You can reserve the device if you like right now & wait if the store has them in stock. If the store has them in stock & your reservation is still " OPEN" You can cancel it after you do the upgrade at the store. If you do the upgrade & the reservation is "IN PROGESS" you can still go ahead at the store & do the upgrade. The thing is once it ships, you will get the $40 back or cancel it when its still in OPEN status.

The reservation will not have anything to do if you find the device at the store & do the upgrade.

SO i suggest doing both & see which one ships out / gets at the store.

The $40 fee is a fee they add on your account & once you cancel or the device ships, you will get the $40 back.

kw1
I Plan to Stick Around
I got the 2nd of two 920's at my local rogers in saskatoon today. Been getting used to it. Nice.

EG8196
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you reserve the phone online or just walk in?

Thanks

kw1
I Plan to Stick Around
Walk in. I think reservation would have been slower.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
The reservation is a bit slower because it takes extra steps for them to do the progress & such. The stores get the shipments of phone & then sell them.

EG8196
I Plan to Stick Around

The reservation system is useless/pointless.

I got mine on 30/10, but returned it on 31/10, due to scratches out of box.

I asked for an exchange, but all stores in Ottawa were out of stock.

I think I have to wait until 12/11

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats