Pre-order the Lumia 920

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Pre-order the Lumia 920

Its been 'In Progress' since Monday! 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

"I was originally at 154, I dropped to 97 yesterday."

That is because 57 people who also pre-ordered and who were in front of you found phones in stores and cancelled their reservations. 

This system it designed to drive you nuts it seems.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was #9, no sign at all of the device except that the status is 'In Progress' since monday. I live in Québec.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

#14, in Progress since Tuesday. Finally found a store in Edmonton that receieved a couple phones....which were sold yesterday. Smiley Frustrated

What a joke this reservation system is, and what a joke Rogers is. Unless you're Apple or Samsung, it seems your phones don't matter much (so much for this "Big" Nokia/Microsoft and Rogers relationship). Way to frustrate your customers Rogers!

I guess I'd be happier if they communicted to their customers a little more, instead of vague statements.

/rant

**edited for content**

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Which store in Edmonton did you find have the Lumia 920 in stock? Tell me! Thanks!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The Rogers store in Londonderry Mall said they had stock yesterday, but none today, so I still don't have one 😞 They said they don't know when the next shipment will be.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No movement today on the reservation queue. I'm guessing they pretty much sent all their stock to stores for marketing points....from twitter.....

@Shoey555

@RogersBuzz Nice of you guys to release the Lumia 920 early but what gives? Why aren't people who reserved getting them before the stores!

@Rogers

@Shoey555 Reservation does not guarantee customer will be first to receive their device, Joe. It's not a pre-order.

@Shoey555

@Rogers btw Rogers website says reservation is no guarantee of getting first but will be assured one from stock. Stock sent to stores!

@Rogers

@Shoey555 Customers are assured a device, we cannot guarantee that it will be on launch day, Joe.   Shoey555

@Shoey555

@Rogers Sounds kind of silly if you ask me. Thanks for the quick response.  

**edited for content**

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That does sound silly. What's the point of device reservations then?

Anyway, I'm at #138 and my status is still "open". Taken to calling local stores around Montreal for any stock.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Entegy

If you read the reservation system FAQ you will see this.

"
By reserving a device using the Rogers Reservation System, will I get my device before everyone else?

We cannot guarantee you will receive your device on the day it launches. We will be dedicating inventory towards our Reservation System orders and our goal is to get your device to you as soon as possible. However, we will also be shipping devices to stores that are not participating in the Reservation System program. For information on shipment timelines, please refer to the confirmation email you received when you reserved your device. "

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results&No=0&Ntt=Rogers Reservation System&N=4294966681 42

Same as i posted on Page 4.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
By reserving a device using the Rogers Reservation System, will I get my device before everyone else?

I think he and everyone gets that but the point being it is silly. The fact that they are charging a temporary $40.00 makes it even more sillier. Why even bother with a pre-reservation that doesn't benifit anyone except rogers for pocketing some money in their account