cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-order the Lumia 920

OvyOneKenObee
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone been able to successfully reserve a Lumia 920 online from the Rogers reservation system?

****Edited Labels****

329 REPLIES 329

Re: Pre-order the Lumia 920

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

After talking to an employee at a Rogers Plus store, he told me that the Lumia 920 is available in Eastern Canada ONLY in select stores. I'm assuming Western Canada availability will start later this week/next week. Wonder if this applies to pre-orders too.

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dos101 wrote:

After talking to an employee at a Rogers Plus store, he told me that the Lumia 920 is available in Eastern Canada ONLY in select stores. I'm assuming Western Canada availability will start later this week/next week. Wonder if this applies to pre-orders too.

Pre-Orders should be in line first not to get one first but to be assured one. Unless they are still going through them, they haven't filled them all yet. I'm still in Open Status. Will see tomorrow... Technically if they are shipping to stores, it means they should have enough set aside to fill pre-orders as well.

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

What I meant was, I hope that, out of the people who pre-ordered, that Rogers is shipping to everyone AT THE SAME TIME. If I find out that they are just shipping Eastern Canada pre-orders, I can tell you I won't be happy.

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dos101 wrote:

What I meant was, I hope that, out of the people who pre-ordered, that Rogers is shipping to everyone AT THE SAME TIME. If I find out that they are just shipping Eastern Canada pre-orders, I can tell you I won't be happy.

I don't think pre-orders are 'shipped' to people directly.  I think you have to go to the store you selected and pick it up there.  So, the units for 'pre-order' are likely to be shipped with the store's regular stock shipment.

/drt

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello all.

That is true. Rogers will ship the reservation devices to the store with store stock as well. This would be the best thing to do anyways. This is how it always goes as well. They won't just ship out 1 phone to each store without the store getting some stock as well.

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

Well that sucks then. Why is Eastern Canada so special that they get their 920's first?

JPSavard
I Plan to Stick Around
Peoples keep saying they are number 'X' in the reservation queue, how can I see mine?

JPSavard
I Plan to Stick Around
I guess it was the number displayed when the status was on 'Open', which was '9'? Now its in progress. I live in Québec.

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

@JPSavard wrote:
Peoples keep saying they are number 'X' in the reservation queue, how can I see mine?

Just login into this link http://www.rogers.com/myrogers 

You will see Device Reservation, click on it and it will show you what devices you have on reservation. Your position and status will be displayed.

Satus is as follows

If your status is "open",
your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our
supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact
email address or cancel your reservation.

If your status is
"cancelled", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation
fee will be credited back to your account.

If your status is "in
progress", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able
to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will
get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

If your status is "shipped", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose.

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

My just went to "shipped" however I tried picking one up in a Rogers store in Winnipeg and they only had 3 which sold fast...ah well..hopefully tomorrow.

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm baffled at how Rogers is handling this launch. So they're the first carrier in the world to launch the phone.....and all of 10 people hav them. WTH! What was the point of the pre-order when some stores are getting them in stock? God I hate telecom companies in Canada.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Dos101

If you read the reservation system FAQ you will see this.

"
By reserving a device using the Rogers Reservation System, will I get my device before everyone else?

We cannot guarantee you will receive your device on the day it launches. We will be dedicating inventory towards our Reservation System orders and our goal is to get your device to you as soon as possible. However, we will also be shipping devices to stores that are not participating in the Reservation System program. For information on shipment timelines, please refer to the confirmation email you received when you reserved your device. "

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results&No=0&Ntt=Rogers Reservation System&N=4294966681 42

Froid
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for pointing out the faq.  So not only do we have a STUPID reservation system, but they also admit it is STUPID!

dvsrydin
I Plan to Stick Around

@villinvr6 wrote:

My just went to "shipped" however I tried picking one up in a Rogers store in Winnipeg and they only had 3 which sold fast...ah well..hopefully tomorrow.

Where in winnipeg did you try? I've got on the reservation system, but would prefer to get it....earlier.

Dos101
I Plan to Stick Around
That's Rogers for you. I cannot believe how poorly this launch has been. Do they want to drive people crazy, or do they just not care?

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

Doesn't look like the queue is dropping today. I was originally at 154, I dropped to 97 yesterday. Hasn't moved since, guessing unless the system isn't updating, they aren't sending out anymore units. Maybe they are out of stock pending another shipment....

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

Try Polo Park

JPSavard
I Plan to Stick Around
How to know our queue position when the status is 'In Progress'?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JPSavard

When your are IN PROGRESS, you will lose the queue and you will lose the number you have. This is becuase Rogers is now working on your order. The ones with OPEN status will have a number only.

JPSavard
I Plan to Stick Around

Its been 'In Progress' since Monday! 😞

Froid
I Plan to Stick Around

"I was originally at 154, I dropped to 97 yesterday."

That is because 57 people who also pre-ordered and who were in front of you found phones in stores and cancelled their reservations. 

This system it designed to drive you nuts it seems.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats