Post-Update testing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Post-Update testing

If you have Visual Voicemail Plan and Once Rogers fix/implemented the back end system your phone history tab will show this .. pretty cool .. 

http://www.wingadgetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ATT-LTE-Visual-Voicemail.jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

Any plan that is 1GB or higher is supposed to have tethering (according to rep). LTE is for sure tied to the type of plan. I can confirm that there is 6GB LTE plan for $30 but I believe you need a corporate code attached to your plan.

Hopes that helps some folks
I Plan to Stick Around

@RealtorTechGuy 

Do you know if the $30/6 GB plan is only available as a contract term?  I asked about this plan and only could get a $60/6 GB as shown on the Rogers website (currently no term customer)

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

The 6gb, 30$ plan is usually a promo the roll out when the new iPhones come out. Once it does, I'm upgrading to it for sure.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Anirask wrote:
The 6gb, 30$ plan is usually a promo the roll out when the new iPhones come out. Once it does, I'm upgrading to it for sure.

Try giving a call to retention .. i left a note saying how lumia 900 is deadly on background data usage and lady called me and offered on a 3yr contract .. i am with rogers for 7-8yrs now as well .. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

No really. Rogers offers the 6GB $30 promo without a new iPhone coming out. I noticed they had this plan before the iPhone 4S came out & after until December or January from what i remember. I remember adding 6GB for $30 during the summer of last year.

Rogers copies the other carriers just like they copy Rogers. Once another carrier adds that promo, Rogers will run a day later & add it as well. Same goes with the other carriers.

Contact retentions & speak to them. They might be able to offer it too you.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was easily able to convert my old 6GB/$30 "BlackBerry" plan to a 6GB/$30 LTE data plan yesterday.  I simply asked for it and the agent made the change right away, but I think being on a coporate plan makes it easier.

Internet Sharing started working for me as soon as I made that change, but since I did that prior to getting the firmware update I don't know if that would have fixed it as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure it is a promo. I have had the plan for sometime. After getting the Lumia 900 and having issues with the data called tech sup and was repeatedly told my plan was LTE. Finally someone realized it was not and got me to customer service who switched it over no issue. Then proceed to convert my wife's plan at no charge to the same 6GB/$30 plan. After that LTE was showing not just 4G (in the status bar as connection). Hope that helps.
I Plan to Stick Around

Still having issue with turning on internet sharing. Sometimes it turns in other times it says it is not allowed. When I do get it to turn in cannot surf via computer. Says it is connected, shows I have internet access (Windows 7 network status) but cannot surf.

Anyone else with similar experience?
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't say I've had any issues like that, but I've only tried it for a few minutes on the Lumia.  I was testing it last evening and was able to connect my PlayBook to the Lumia and browse the internet for a few minutes on a 3G/4G connection (I live just outside of the LTE coverage in the GTA).