Post-Update testing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Post-Update testing

Everything seems to be working great now. London Ontario. Called because I have the phone set to 4G (HSPA), but only showing 3G. Apparently, with Rogers, LTE is 4G.
I'm Here A Lot

Internet sharing still doesn't work for me. Using a non LTE sim card and non LTE data plan...

I'm Here A Lot

No with Rogers LTE is LTE (it will say so on your phone). 4G is one step below.

There is no LTE in London ON so you will not see LTE there anyways...
I Plan to Stick Around

I am still no lucky on tethering(connection is successful,but can not open any webpage),my sim card/dataplan are both LTE,LTE is working fine on my 900.

My step to test tethering is below:

1.turn on LTE and WIFI(wifi is prioroty at this time)

2.turn on tethering,now wifi is off for internet sharing.

3,use another cell phone to connect my lumia 900 via wifi,connection was sccessful.

4.try open any webpage,failed. I can not figure out what is the problem,everything looks fine on my side.Any step I missing?

I Plan to Stick Around

Issues i'm seeing after the update

1. Phone still bounces around network modes unless its on LTE. If i'm only in a 4G (HSPA+) Area, the phone will sit there and idle in 3G unless it wants data, then it kicks up to 4G. Not sure if this is by design to save power or not.

2. If I am in an LTE area and im locked onto the LTE network (phone indicates LTE); lets say a subway tunnel or elevator the phone will not reconnect to the LTE network afterwords. I've had cases where it gets stuck in "E" and wont even connect to the 4G network (HSPA+) without restarting the phone.

3. Still have purple greys (keyboard, pinpad, etc) when the phone is in a dimly lit area or if I set the phone to low brightness. A couple phones I played with in store and intentially put into low brightness mode did not have this issue.

4. WIFI is super spotty. Sit it next to my other phone that has full signal and its fine this phone is up and down and all over the place.

5. Mobile Hotspot (tethering) no longer works. Worked fine pre update, post its mostly dead. Sometimes it works though, i'd say its about as spotty as the WIFI is which could indicate more issues with the phone.

That's all i've been able to find thus far. After reviewing a lot of forums and without having actual serial numbers what i'm starting to suspect is that there was an actual bad batch oh phones that was released that had/have definite hardware problems. Nokia was hoping that a firmware update could fix the problem and it has for some; but honestly how can they confirm this? It would be incredibly hard to test that a firmware update would resolve issues for every phone. 

I tried a master reset, didn't resolve anything.

Did the firmware update fix the data bug? Yup, but it caused at least 3 more issues with my phone that were not present before. Good thing this phone was already deemed DOA and I'm getting a replacement.

I Plan to Stick Around

what happens if u try with wifi off ?
I Plan to Stick Around

My tethering issue is resolved,found out tethering was turned off in my LTE data plan,turn it on by customer care,it is working perfect. so anyone who has tethering issue,first thing is to call customer to check if it is turned on in your data plan.

I Plan to Stick Around

@stevenliu12 wrote:

My tethering issue is resolved,found out tethering was turned off in my LTE data plan,turn it on by customer care,it is working perfect. so anyone who has tethering issue,first thing is to call customer to check if it is turned on in your data plan.

Thats good to hear .. Now i had sec APN added back then . i removed that and restarted the phone and with the new update i was able to tether

Also now i am seeing a lot of 4G .. Basically before i will see LTE with 1bar dropping to 3G with 4bar all the time at my home ( North Brampton). Now i am seeing 3G with 4bars and 4G with 2-3bars .. So its looks like in poor LTE or unstable LTE areas, 4G is taking priority .. 

Like i said before, i plan to call after May 8th when my new 6GB LTE / $30 plans take effect  to ask about Visual Voicemail

MMS works fine as well 

Purple screen gone with workaround  ( auto dimming off and brightness set to med)

Overrall i am happy with the phone now !!! 😄

I Plan to Stick Around

How and where to send voice message?voice in the message app,it only can attach pic,no voice/video can be attached?

I Plan to Stick Around

Call customer care to check if tethering is turned on. It is nothing to do with type of data plan.